Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Mk 3 Kuga Titanium 1st. Edition, mHEV Diesel 150hp
22 Posts
Doesn't seem to be an AWD. option either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Diesels h
Just been on the ford website and its seems you cant order a Diesel Kuga - and you dont get presented with any diesel options - whats going on
diesels are no longer produced. Kuga PHEV ST X is best option discount wise.
Mmm..they may not sell them but it won’t be an overnight revolution.
Yes it’s coming….but not for a while. There’s too many vehicles out there on diesel. I agree that we need to do something…..and I have. I have purchased 2 gallons of Super Glue releasing agent that I can take with me when I go protest about diesel cars being phased out. That should save my fingerprints or half of my face.
I will be lobbying outside a wind farm….
Unfortunately you need to get real. Like it or not (& most don’t) diesels are dead in the water. Driven by the Government etc. My friend was absolutely pro diesel but just cancelled ilo of Kuga PHEV.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Diesel will always be about .
Commercial vehicles/tractors etc will never go to petrol.
Was in the dealer Sunday just gone .All ford orders before November 1st this year will be honoured
Commercial vehicles will run on hydrogen in the future not diesel. Buses already do in some places. JCB are world leaders in this.

JCB's hydrogen-fuelled combustion engine examined - Farmers Weekly (fwi.co.uk)

England's first double-decker hydrogen buses to launch in London - BBC News

Ford Mondeo, Galaxy and S-Max go hybrid-only as diesels axed | Autocar

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your probably right but to make Hydrogen will require massive amounts of electricity.
CO2 will still be wasted to make hydrogen.its a viscous circle unfortunately ...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Your probably right but to make Hydrogen will require massive amounts of electricity.
CO2 will still be wasted to make hydrogen.its a viscous circle unfortunately ...
It only makes sense if made from renewables, known as green hydrogen which involves no CO2 release

What is green hydrogen? Can India make it affordable? | Business Standard News (business-standard.com)

JCB signs green hydrogen deal worth billions - BBC News

With UK energy production increasingly from non-fossil fuel sources there is no reason why we cannot make it here.

UK government launches plan for a ‘world-leading hydrogen economy’ (circularonline.co.uk)

·
Registered
9 Posts
It isn't just our government and it isn't just politicians! Battery recycling already happens and is being rapidly expanded - all the other bits on the car are subject to recycling rules as for any other car.

You also need to consider local pollution at the time of use. Diesels produce a lot of pm2.5 and NOx which hang around in stagnant air in cities. There has already been a legally confirmed case of a death caused by atmospheric pollution from road traffic.

Diesel is being dropped because they are not selling, no other reason. Obviously COVID / chip shortage affects the total but the move away from diesel has been dramatic in a very short period of time.

• UK: number new cars by fuel type 2018-2020 | Statista
Try pulling a caravan with a small electric car horses for courses and all that!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mmm..they may not sell them but it won’t be an overnight revolution.
Yes it’s coming….but not for a while. There’s too many vehicles out there on diesel. I agree that we need to do something…..and I have. I have purchased 2 gallons of Super Glue releasing agent that I can take with me when I go protest about diesel cars being phased out. That should save my fingerprints or half of my face.
I will be lobbying outside a wind farm….
I remember after a few hard winters in the sixty they were predicting a new ice age

·
Registered
Kuga Titanium X, 2013, Frozen white, 2.0 tdci, AWD.
133 Posts
Global warming is cyclical, it happens whether we add to it or not, but that doesn’t give them the excuse to tax the motorist even more, so they blame us as it’s an easy touch for some more money. 😆

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,283 Posts
I don’t see it that way. I think all revenue taking from the VED, is put back into the roads, just not in the country.
Your right, we are ripped off! The above is sheer sarcasm, but you hadn’t guessed that, had you.
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,996 Posts
It bloody annoys me that we are now heavily penalised for what the govt advised us to do in buying diesel 🤬🤬

Reactions: Sttwoton and Ross J

·
Registered
677 Posts
Global warming is cyclical, it happens whether we add to it or not, but that doesn’t give them the excuse to tax the motorist even more, so they blame us as it’s an easy touch for some more money. 😆
Global climate change from natural causes is, unfortunately the changes induced by the activity of man are not. It has been clearly demonstrated the proportion of change induced by man and the background natural changes.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts