Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been on the ford website and its seems you cant order a Diesel Kuga - and you dont get presented with any diesel options - whats going on

·
I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
651 Posts
Looks like the Auto has now gone the same way as the manual. Diesel options are still available on the Focus though...so far.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,976 Posts
Just looked at new on line brochure, shows EVs only and ecoboost

·
Registered
68 Posts
When I was at the dealership just over a week ago the sales manager mentioned diesels being taken off sale imminently

·
Registered
Kuga Titanium X, 2013, Frozen white, 2.0 tdci, AWD.
129 Posts
Amazing when you realise, it wasn’t that long ago when the government were encouraging people to buy diesels instead of petrol, what’s the betting that the same thing will happen to battery powered cars in a few years?

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,263 Posts
Good news, @Psshaw your diesel days are numbered 😉
Mmm..they may not sell them but it won’t be an overnight revolution.
Yes it’s coming….but not for a while. There’s too many vehicles out there on diesel. I agree that we need to do something…..and I have. I have purchased 2 gallons of Super Glue releasing agent that I can take with me when I go protest about diesel cars being phased out. That should save my fingerprints or half of my face.
I will be lobbying outside a wind farm….

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,253 Posts
Good news, @Psshaw your diesel days are numbered 😉
If diesel engine cars become less and less then it will be interesting to see what happens to the price of diesel fuel when demand starts to fall.

It will also be interesting to see what happens to the diesel on the second hand market from a value perspective. I will still be buying diesel next.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,263 Posts
A few hours ago, I watched a vid on utube about a an Hyundai ionic electric car. It was driven from Edinburgh to the Portsmouth area (ish).
The review was very good but and it was a long day as total charging time during the drive came to 3.5 hours! Making it a 9.5 drive. There was no mention of costs though and he did use some high rate kw chargers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If diesel engine cars become less and less then it will be interesting to see what happens to the price of diesel fuel when demand starts to fall.

It will also be interesting to see what happens to the diesel on the second hand market from a value perspective. I will still be buying diesel next.
It certainly will be Interesting to see what happens to the diesel cost and how many other manufacturers follow

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
794 Posts
A few hours ago, I watched a vid on utube about a an Hyundai ionic electric car. It was driven from Edinburgh to the Portsmouth area (ish).
The review was very good but and it was a long day as total charging time during the drive came to 3.5 hours! Making it a 9.5 drive. There was no mention of costs though and he did use some high rate kw chargers.
That’s the problem, the infrastructure needs some work to eliminate the range anxiety for fully electric.
Must admit that Ionic is a nice car👍

·
Registered
129 Posts
That’s because our wonderful government have decided they are the enemy of the state, which I’m betting, is exactly what they will do with battery powered cars, when they realise nobody will be willing to recycle them and we end up with airfields full of them, like we have with fridges now.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,253 Posts
Interesting article and I have read something similar before but it's just a statement. It would have been nice if they had listed the vehicles and statistics of the tests which show the comparisons.

It could be that manufacturers are pulling the plug on their diesel options to push people onto their small engined petrol cars and hybrids on which they have no doubt heavily invested in. It will be interesting to see what other manufacturers will do, especially Peugeot who make engines for numerous manufacturers.

I have a few years yet before I will be pushed into buying a petrol and hopefully there will be some statistics then on the general and long term reliability.

Reactions: obrienmfg

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am getting ready to change, was thinking of a hybrid, but with this new E10 petrol they say you get less mpg, electric is not feasable for me not enough chargers in my local area (snowdonia) also those i've seen have been in some areas which are dark at night how long before someone gets robbed while charging vehicle, so will replace with another diesel.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The manufacturer’s may be doing their best to phase out diesel passenger cars, but they’re going to be around for quite a few years yet, just not new ones, the only concerning thing could be, is getting genuine spares in the future and of course the cost of fuel.

·
Registered
666 Posts
That’s because our wonderful government have decided they are the enemy of the state, which I’m betting, is exactly what they will do with battery powered cars, when they realise nobody will be willing to recycle them and we end up with airfields full of them, like we have with fridges now.
It isn't just our government and it isn't just politicians! Battery recycling already happens and is being rapidly expanded - all the other bits on the car are subject to recycling rules as for any other car.

Interesting article and I have read something similar before but it's just a statement. It would have been nice if they had listed the vehicles and statistics of the tests which show the comparisons.

It could be that manufacturers are pulling the plug on their diesel options to push people onto their small engined petrol cars and hybrids on which they have no doubt heavily invested in. It will be interesting to see what other manufacturers will do, especially Peugeot who make engines for numerous manufacturers.

I have a few years yet before I will be pushed into buying a petrol and hopefully there will be some statistics then on the general and long term reliability.
You also need to consider local pollution at the time of use. Diesels produce a lot of pm2.5 and NOx which hang around in stagnant air in cities. There has already been a legally confirmed case of a death caused by atmospheric pollution from road traffic.

Diesel is being dropped because they are not selling, no other reason. Obviously COVID / chip shortage affects the total but the move away from diesel has been dramatic in a very short period of time.

• UK: number new cars by fuel type 2018-2020 | Statista

·
I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
651 Posts
Looks like it's the same with the Ford S-Max and Galaxy too. Only one engine choice now:
2.5 Duratec 190PS FHEV CVT automatic FWD

The Focus is still available with the diesel....

1 - 20 of 65 Posts