Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been offered a Kuga by a ford garage. I'm looking for opinions on (1) a detachable towbar, and (2) the deal.

(1)I've been offered a car that the garage already have in the showroom. I need a towbar for towing a horsetrailer so they've offered me a detachable towbar. This doesn't sound like the sturdiest of things. Does anyone have any experience of the detachable bar? does it have the fitting for the trailer lights? Will it hold?

(2)As mentioned i've been offered a car from their showroom. Its a titanium with18" alloys, the appearance pack, bluetooth, detachable towbar, includes the paint, registration fee and a years road tax. I would be allowed 24,000miles pa.

My deposit would be £4,000 which is fine. It would be a two year deal at 4.9%apr and would cost me £290 per month.

How does that deal sound?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've not seen the Kuga detachable bar but it's rated as the car is at 2100kg's I believe and something like 100kg nose weight. I've had many detachable tow bars over the years and never had a problem. I have one coming on my Kuga, if it ever arrives from Belgium. Oh and yes of course it will have trailer electrics.

No idea on your finance deal, paying cash.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi oldblue, welcome to the Kuga Owners Club forum

There was a big post here about towbars. The detachable is as sturdy as any, and by far the nicest solution to towing without changing the look of the rear end of the car. After a long saga and two attempts I finally have Ford's detachable bar installed. The electrics have a flip down 13 pin plug, so you may need to plug in a 7 pin adaptor. The Ford towbar also links into the ESP program in the car electronics to provide trailer stability and disables the rear parking sensors when something is connected to the socket.

Sounds like a nice deal on offer!

Good luck,

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know you have listed your monthly cost and your deposit but what is the actual cost of the vehicle they have offered you?
I would be looking to pay around

2WD - £17930

AWD - £19044

Those prices would mean anywhere from 6 to 10 weeks wait for delivery and includethe extras you have mentioned, plus you get topick your colour :)

Those prices are from drivethedeal by the way who I have used and can vouch for 100%.
Edited by: SA12

·
Registered
129 Posts
think u must b close 2 getin your kuga pickin mine up 2 morrow so the ship must b full and sailed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts