Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered what other peoples experience of delivery times for the Kuga in the UK is.

I have ordered a pre built car which is apparantly in the ford uk compound ready for shipping to the dealer. My dealer has quoted approximately 15 working days, but obviously hoping it may come before this.

Feels worse than being 7 and waiting for Santa.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Vorbis,

I know how you feel! I wont get my Kuga until the end of February, gives me 'butterflies' every time I think about it.

15 days does seem rather along time but Im sure it will fly by.

As for Christmas, it seems to come around much quicker with every passing year!!!

Best of luck with your new Kuga.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I ordered on Tuesday and the dealer already had a build slot next week with the factory and was within the time period allowed for specification changes. They reckon I should have it for the new reg's in the 1st week of March (maybe before if I want it on a 58 plate).
Edited by: rich_y2

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car was registered and taxed on Monday. It had to be registered before 31st Jan to get the discounted price £15500(includes £1,000 Ford Ambassador Discount) forzetec AWD including convenience pack & metallic. Unfortunately have to pay £460 for roof bars but hey ho.
Waiting is unbearable knowing its out there somewhere just waiting to be delivered to the dealer.

On the roof bar front has anyone had a better quote for dealer fit? Saw an early message on the forum saying £200 for dealer fit, but other posts quoting £500 plus.

·
Registered
212 Posts
hi all

just been looking at the kuga and thinks it looks and drives great.
only problem i have been told by my local dealer that there is a 12-16 weeks wait for a factory build for the spec i require( titainium with parking sensors ,apperance pack)has anyone else been quoted this long?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can someone clear this up for me, the all wheel drive is the Haldex where the two rear wheels come in on a slippery surface,then there is a permanant two wheel drive option? ...or have I got it wrong
Edited by: DaveG

·
Registered
76 Posts
canaries said:
only problem i have been told by my local dealer that there is a 12-16 weeks wait for a factory build for the spec i require( titainium with parking sensors ,apperance pack)has anyone else been quoted this long?

I signed the order on a Kuga Titanium with almost all the options on22 of January, and delivery is expected to be mid/ end of March, so 8-10 weeks to wait

I live in Norway, buy the way....

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think a lot can be down to individual dealer allocations and whether they have any slots in the build queue already when you visit. I went and ordered last Tuesday and they reckoned they had a slot for this coming week which was still open for a build change... so should be here just in time for the 09 plates, 1st March.

And yes, haldex coupling takes up drive to the rear wheels when slip is detected on the front, upto 50% of the power can go to the rear. Not sure what if any goes back under normal running, I did see somewhere maybe a 95% front and 5% rear splint normally but don't know if that it accurate. Personally I think I'd prefer a lock button, easy option is to offer the lock mode upto something like 20mph, just for slippy manoeuvering although I think they are on the 3rd generation haldex so presume they are confident it can do the job when needed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So when you place the order theres an option for permantant 2WD and an option for the Haldex part time 4WD?

Rich where abouts are you in lancs? im also from the area.

Dave

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah when you order you just choose the AWD model or 2wd model, you can't start with a 2wd and tick an option to go awd.

I'm near Blackburn, you?

·
Registered
173 Posts
canaries said:
hi all

just been looking at the kuga and thinks it looks and drives great.

it's exactly the same for me, i ordered mine at the end of Jan and expected delivery is April 1st although i will not be picking it up on April Fools day (that will be asking for trouble)

Looks like you'll get yours just before me
G.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ford's UK compound is actually in Flushing in Belgium normal lead time is 2 to 3 weeks from there to dealer. expect your dealer to keep it for a few days though to PDI the car before you get it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts