Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned previously I ordered my Electric White, Titanium X Kuga in June, car was ordered from Vospers Ford in Truro, with a £500 deposit to show goodwill.I was told delivery would be end of July.

Just had a message left on my answerphone from Vospers to tell me I won't get my vehicle now until September...that makes Ford one very busy car manufacturer if it takes 3 months from order to delivery!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Old thread I know... but I was quoted 3 months on a new order. I wanted a Silver Titanium with pretty much every pack & extra... would have been £27750 or so list price. The 3 months has put me off now so I'm working on a deal for a "Chill" Titanium with panoramic roof, bluetooth, 18"ers, Roof bars & privacy glass that's sat in the showroom... fingers x-ed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I must've struck lucky!
Ordered my Titanium Sun 30th Junewent on holiday for 2 weeks on the Thurs,

Itwas waiting for me when I got back on the12th July!

BUT had to wait till29th July to pick it up as wanted my private plate transfered over.

·
Registered
227 Posts
What spec did u have Greeny? U think they might have been able to find one for you from another garage or was it defo a new factory order?

·
Registered
74 Posts
HI
It was deff a factory Order!

I had ALL the possible add ons - Appearence pack, Comvenieve pack, Titanium X pack, Top of range CD Sat Nav blue tooth radio thingy & the Panoramic roof!

Got it from Bumpers Farm in Chippingham - BEST Ford dealer around here!

They went into the Ford web page while we were there, saw what was being built & changed the standard Titanium which was being built, to the spec we wanted.

Had already been to two other dealers in the area, & been told I'd have to wait 6 - 8 weeks for one, so don't know what strings they pulled, all I know is it was here within 2 weeks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is absolutley no way in the world it could be a Factory order if it came within 2 weeks. They must have found one at the VHC (Vehicle Holding Compund) - they take about 2 weeks to come from there. Similarly, it takes about 2 weeks for Ford to actually accept a factory order... just incase anyone gets told 'factory order' and begins to expect delivery in 2 weeks...!

Well done for getting the one you want so quickly though...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Got mine in 2 weeks from order as there was one with right spec & colourin a compound in Belgium?

Originally told that it would take approx 6-8 weeks if from factory.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yer, that's about right - That's the VHC I was on about.... 6-8 weeks if there's an order commited in the factory and 10-12 if it hasn't even been thought about...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sorry people! I checked again with my dealer.
My car WAS factory built not from the VHC (which I'd never heard of)

It was ordered, built to speck & delevered, within 2 weeks!

We WERE told it would be 6 - 8 weeks, when we ordered it. but HONESTLY we got it within just over 2!!!

YES even the guys at the dealers were knocked sideways! as they'd already got 2 others - different colours & spec on order, which although ordered before mine, still were no where in sight!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts