Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know what constitutes delivery mileage the reason I am asking is my dealer phoned me the other day to advise me that the ETA for my new fully loaded Titanium would be 11 October not bad as I ordered it and paid for it in July!!!!!!!!!!!!
The dealer advised that there would be some mileage on the clock compound to compound etc I am a bit concerned that they may use it as a demonstrator as I know that when I ordered it they did not have one in to test drive

·
Registered
77 Posts
Collected mine today and it had 1.9 miles on the clock. They'd taken it down the roadto put in a whopping £5 of fuel. And no rear mats either ! Tightwads....

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Themancunian & KugaNo Likewise a couple of miles (2) only. KugaNo. SALESMAN: Just poppeda gallon in for you, to get you moving? WHAT? As a result, first stop was a petrol station, own fault should of negociated more fuel.TIP: Perhaps any Kugachasers reading this should takenoteand get the dealer to mark Full tank fuel on new car order form prior to handing deposit over. Bob.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi
Picked our Kuga up 24/09/09 with 27 miles on clock. It was only taxed that morning so mileage not an issue.I suggest you check when it was first registered, this may help you sort any concerns.We never asked for a tank of fuel, but it stated on our order form the amount of fuel that would be in it. Hope that helps.

ps, black is a nightmare to keep clean, but when it is

Has anyone had the diamondbright treament as an extra?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
17 miles on the clock and 15 litres of fuel in the tank.
No mats but did get the full years tax. (some dealers only give you six)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi have always had DiamondBrite and I rate it got it on my new Kuga as a freebie I get it hand car wash etc take it home and I have the conserver mixed with water in a garden spray which I spray the car a light wipe off rinse and leather to test for DiamondBrite your dealer has an ultra violet lamp hope this helps

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
kuga59black, quarter tank zero miles you did very well howeverI fully understand the concerns about delivery mileage. My vehiclecame across Europe from the Ford factory in Saarloius Germany and landed atdealers from the back of a transporter with 2 milestravelled? I doubt there was much compound to compound travel involved. I travelled 50 60 miles just to locate a dealer who had a Kuga in the showroom, once locatedI was only allowed to test drive it around the compound, basically because it was awaiting delivery, which is not good practice. I understand that Ford salesman/employeesregularlytrawl this site and perhaps someone will confirm thatcar dealerships are provided with demo vehicles at very very attractive rates? because how else are they going to be able to provide Test Drives . . . exactly. I visited a dealershp in Warrington back in May I was told, yes we have a Kuga but you cannot drive it, it's our sales managers car, no you can't sir,that's his car (Frozen White)you know who you are, but yes yes I would be concerned if I picked up a brand new vehicle with more than say 2025 miles on it. Although illegal I suspect there are electronic devices out there that can wipe miles offin a flash, what the eye does not see . . . . de der de der.

·
Registered
55 Posts
kuga59black said:
Mine was delivered with quarter tank of diesel and 0 miles on the clock :) It was reset for me.
Think that's standard in the t&c's of 'Drive the deal' & 'Deal Driver' cars, 1/4 tank of petrol + six months tax (can be upgraded to 12)
which is a great idea, i bought a Nova GTE many years ago which was literally on fumes out of the showroom.... the dial had gone well below empty

·
Registered
242 Posts
My new Kuga had 236 miles on the clock when it was delivered to me, however, this was due to the fact that it was driven downfrom from Sc**thorpe to Essex. The driver who deivered it - an elderly gentlemen said that he also owned a Kuga and was the best car he had ever owned. I know some people want a car with virtually no miles on it but in my case it was either drive to Sc**thorpe or get them to deliver it, I opted for the latter, the car had been filled up with diesel so there was still a fair bit left in the tank. The deal I got from the dealer was absolutely brilliant and I worked out that I had actually made money on the Kuga that Ipart exchanged. I would add that I used to work for Ford but am now retired so am able to take advantage of employee discounts, this makes a **** of a difference to what Joe public pays.

Raymondo111

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Kuga59black I agree but as Raymondo111 has pointed out he got a far better deal than me (or you) Joe Public. Seems to be a lot of Ford employees on this site, or as I call them snipers.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bobuptown,

As a Ford employee for 32+ years and now a Ford pensioner I think any discounts that I can get are justified, the employee/pensioner discount is a fixed sum over and above whatever I can negotiate discount wise from the dealer. Contrary to popular belief the Ford discounts are nowhere as good as they used to be years ago when you could buy a car keep it for 9 months and sell it for the same price as you bought it for. My original Kuga purchase was a Marketing mistake which meant that some people got a very good deal, the changeover to my new Kuga occured purely and simply because the price difference between cars wasn't too excessive. In the past different dealer groups have been approached by groups of Ford emplyees interested in putting volume businness their way in order to negotiate a better deal. Sometime this means contacting dealers in different parts of the Country which in this case was Sc**thorpe who can sometime do better deals.

Believe me if I could help a fellow Kuga Club member in any way I would and I have done so in the past re contact names for people in Customer Serviices, please don't assume that I am a sniper as you call it

Raymondo111

·
Registered
45 Posts
hi i am currently a ford employee and am deeply offended by you're remarks of being a SNIPER as you call em. my discount on a ford kuga is £2000 weather i buy a stock zetec or a fully loaded titanium the price goes up, the discount in% goes down.As soon as i mention that i am an employee dealers knock money of our part ex, most often under bottom book.Most of the time Joe public gets a better deal than the so called snipers

still waiting for my kuga titanium app pack, comfort pack ,18"alloys,electric white ordered on 4th July and still waiting

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went into my local Ford dealer to buy a new Kuga.

They had the exact car I wanted which had29 miles on the clock and 12 months tax. 1 week old with 4k off the new price.

Needless to say I drove it away

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had 9 miles on mine which was zero'd for me and a tenner in the tank. Also got rear carpets too. So I'm quite happy.

Kuga 2WD Titianium X, App, Con packs Sony DAB thingy and seat back trays.

·
Registered
78 Posts
9 miles and quarter tank of diesel. £4K off list price.Zetec TDCI sea grey, bluetooth, appearance pack (panoramic roof, roof rails, tinted glass etc)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Kuga49,

You saying that you are driving around in a 'clocked' motor. lol.

·
Registered
269 Posts
9 miles on the clock , 69 mile range of fuel left. The car was not cleaned very well so the dealer will be taking it back and putting more diesel in as an appology.

Very happy with it so far.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts