1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Need to decide this weekend
FHEV st line x or 2 litre ecoblue st line x

Was set on the fhev but the cvt gearbox isnt reviewed as great and has caused me to reconsider going with the 6 speed gearbox on the ecoblue.
Also decision on platinum white or solar silver
Seen a couple of videos and images where the bumper match is off, yes im fussy but it would bug me
Grateful for your thoughts

·
Registered
Kuga ST- Line X PHEV
44 Posts
Suggest you test drive eCVT in a Kuga and make up your own mind. I was impressed on my test drive in the PHEV version with same eCVT. Many others are happy with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi all
Need to decide this weekend
FHEV st line x or 2 litre ecoblue st line x

Was set on the fhev but the cvt gearbox isnt reviewed as great and has caused me to reconsider going with the 6 speed gearbox on the ecoblue.
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

8 speed AWD
Got to be Solar Silver 😀

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,704 Posts
Platinum white for me....beautiful

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ruled out the 4wd
Re the cvt, dont know what to do, testdrive not possible due to covid and have to order monday
Is the cvt refined when accelerating, grateful for kuga owners who have one to give an in depth review

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ruled out the 4wd
Re the cvt, dont know what to do, testdrive not possible due to covid and have to order monday
Is the cvt refined when accelerating, grateful for kuga owners who have one to give an in depth review
The CVT is not an old fashioned CVT and I really wonder whether some of the reviewers have ever driven the car ! It is an eCVT and actually mimics gearchanges so not the traditional CVT racing engine / elastic band feeling. Our Mk3 PHEV is still a couple of weeks away, but having test driven one last year it is quieter than the diesel Mk2 we currently have (not difficult) I suspect the Mk3 diesel is quieter than the Mk2 but not driven one to tell. If you currently drive a diesel the FHEV will be much more refined, but the engine will rev higher as with all petrol cars.

Regarding colour of the bumpers - it is often not as bad as it looks in pictures and is more to do with the light. Having said that silver cars (not just Ford ones) seem especially prone to shade mismatch. Platinum white would be less likely to show a problem, although as with all pearlescent paints it can be a challenging colour to repair.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ruled out the 4wd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats a great reply and i appreciate your view, i have a ecoboost at the moment, fairly quiet. I know what the diesel will offer and again from reviews the gearbox is said to be excellent.
I had read that it mimics gearchange and that is better compared to i think it was the outlander.
I saw something about it being desceibed as droning? before it caught up with say an accelerated overtake

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,429 Posts

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,704 Posts
Can you not hang on a few weeks, showrooms will be open shortly and test drives back on

·
Registered
2021 Black ST-Line FHEV (70 plate) SYNC 3.4
62 Posts
Ruled out the 4wd
I’ve been driving our 2021 FHEV for just over a month now and I love it. I took a punt on it without a test drive because of COVID and don’t regret it one bit. It is beautifully smooth to drive, very responsive and accelerates well, though I’m more of an eco driver and usually have it on the eco drive mode. In sport mode it goes off like a rocket, impressive considering its weight. Before this I’d never owned an automatic before so was very skeptical. What has impressed me the most is how smooth the transition is between electric running and hybrid running – when the engine kicks in. Most of the time with the radio on low I don’t even notice it’s kicked in.

I’ve mostly only driven it short distances around town because of the current restrictions, but 1/3 to 1/2 of those miles have been electric, pretty impressive as it’s been pretty cold lately and the engine has to come on to warm up the cabin temperature. I’ve had some short journeys where the reported fuel economy was almost 60 MPG.

Also an advantage of having an auto gearbox is you get the remote start function via the Ford pass app. It sounds like a gimmick, but when we had some brutal frosts at the back end of February I walked out after 10 mins and the car was defrosted and the cabin already getting warm.

I’d also point out that owning an FHEV is more than just the different gearbox, it’s a whole different style of driving, so take that into consideration too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for this, is this ford pass app ability only on the cvt transmission? .
With your day to day driving you seem very happy with it and it does appear that owners on gere are not negative about it
I have to order now due to closure of 1st quarter, deposit allowance etc which could all change for the worse on the 1st

·
Registered
2021 Black ST-Line FHEV (70 plate) SYNC 3.4
62 Posts
Thanks for this, is this ford pass app ability only on the cvt transmission? .
With your day to day driving you seem very happy with it and it does appear that owners on gere are not negative about it
I have to order now due to closure of 1st quarter, deposit allowance etc which could all change for the worse on the 1st
Ford Pass app works with any Ford (you enter the VIN), but remote start only works with automatic transmission as the car needs to be in Park (in manual there’s no way for the car to switch itself to neutral in order to start).

Day to day driving is super smooth, I don’t feel like it’s going through the gears like an auto Golf I hired a few years back.

I would do some research on hybrid driving, as I say for me it’s a different driving style. For example, with regenerative breaking I only really use the brake pedal to come to a complete stop, so my style has changed almost completely. I prefer it, much more smooth and relaxed. Doesn’t suit everyone though!

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,954 Posts
As a mk 2.5 owner, I keep an eye out on the mk3 progress.

It’s nice to see that there is less chatter on “battery “issues, which I hope means that Ford have got on top of it.

The new “orange spanner, drive train” issue is a concern and especially when the Ford dealers are having cars for day without it being resolved. Using the word “blip” as an explanation for something going on and putting the car in the Ford dealers is shameful really.

@deeayy has given a good response which was nice to read.

Diesel 💪

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,954 Posts
Yes, although I always bang on about diesel, a lot! If I was to buy new, hybrid would be my choice as that’s how things seem to be going.
enjoy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts