Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2018 ST Line X Magnetic Grey
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what this is called, but i will try to explain.

When i open the bonnet. The area inside, just below the wipers, there are filter/vents to the left and to the right.

Both these are full of crap/debris.

So my question, how do i clean them, are they actually removable or do i get my vacuum out and hope for the best.

Cheers

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think it may be called the scuttle :)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I use a vacuum and compressed air, they aren't easily removable.

Reactions: tsmiggy

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought as much, would of thought it would not of required a great deal of effort, to make them removable.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
637 Posts
Let the Dyson and crevice tool be your friend.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,436 Posts
This is better than any crevice tool which are sometimes not long enough and fits the Dyson perfectly.
Grey Road surface Asphalt Font Tints and shades
Nozzle Gas Cleanliness Audio equipment Automotive lighting

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,706 Posts
PITA. to clean out but reliable Henry hoover does the job…….but only when scuttle area is dry, don’t bother if it’s wet, then it’s TFI

Reactions: davidoff and NigelB

·
6,436 Posts
PITA. to clean out but reliable Henry hoover does the job…….but only when scuttle area is dry, don’t bother if it’s wet, then it’s TFI
I was wondering what the acronym "TFl meant but I think I got it now.......

·
Registered
361 Posts
Should that be TFIO, Thank F*** its over🤣🤣

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,706 Posts
Nah….Totally ** Impossible

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
40 Posts
Vacuum, a toothbrush and a dental pick. Total bloody PITA to get fully clean.
Same here , use a small copper wire brush to move the rubbish and suck it away , it a pain don't know how the water runs away when they are blocked .

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
We have a VAX Pet C85 vacuum cleaner hung in the graage just for the cars, and I found that gently and sometimes slightly more aggressive tapping of the vents with the vacuum nozzle causes the debris/small leaves and short twiglets loosen and spin from between the grill and gauss and into the nozzle. A small screw driver or implement may be used for the most troublesome.

Worryingly, I find it quite therapeutic. :(

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
637 Posts
I think that's just an age thing. I used to hate painting but actually don't mind it now.
If you’ve got any free time I’ve got some work for you at my gaff👍
I’m in hospital at the minute double pneumonia and blood clots on my lungs not covid related I just got a negative PCR test yesterday, see you soon I think I may have caught it on here👀

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,437 Posts
Get well soon

·
6,436 Posts
Ditto the above @davidoff

I think at present if I offered my services elsewhere I would be in the same venue as you. The wife didn't seem too happy on Sunday when I finally removed everything from an old garage into my new one, the last item being my old CBR600 which is looking a little sorry for itself. I happened to mention about restoring it and she thought I was going to leave it as a retirement project. I am in two minds to fully restore or sell. If I can get it running properly with the replacement carbs I have it will be restored. It needs a lot of work but it would be sad to see it go. I have owned it since 2001. I bet my leathers don't fit me any more lol.

Get well soon.

Reactions: davidoff
1 - 19 of 19 Posts