Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be a good idea to start a post about dealerships, if not already started.

From reading posts on the forums many members have gripesor praiseabout certain dealerships. Thought it might be an idea to list them here.

Myself I purchased mine from Caffyn's Ford in Alton, Hampshire, and I must admit they were outstanding. A small dealership but had the personal touch. I also visted Gowrings of Basingstoke, Newbury & Reading and found that they were not really bother in you.

When my goes in for its first service I shall take it back to Caffyns although further to travel than all the gowrings I will feel that the vehicle and myself are not just a part number.

Edited by: Gazwats

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ok here goes-

Dagenham motors - Awful!

SMC Ford - Slough - Awful!

Sky Ford - Watford, - Awesome- fantastic service time after time - especially from Mat Peterson and Dave Booker

·
Registered
130 Posts
No complaints about TC Harrison in Peterborough or Huntingdon.

I bought mine from Peterborough and the sales experience was great (especially given I bought mine launch week and Ford put a hold on release until the DPF recall had been fitted). Salesman Justin kept me up to date constantly. He also managed to get me one of the first detachable Ford towbars and electrics in the UK (June 2008).

I work in Huntingdon in walking distance from the branch so have her service there. Again no complaints (although based on my experience of having my Mondeo service in both Huntingdon and Peterborough, I think that Huntingdon just have the edge over Peterborough in terms of expertise and overall level of customer service.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Brunel Ford, Mulluer Road, Bristol not interested in problems but very kean to get your money, never go there again. Chipping Sodbury Ford, excellant, prepared to listen and help although one problem can't seemed to be fixed, the rattle at the back. Thier charged £154 for the 1st service compared,the robbing b......ds at Brunel want £195.

Grizzly

·
Registered
101 Posts
Many Thanks for the information Grizzly

I have just recieved my first service reminder from Brunel at Ashton Gate, They quoted £195 same as they quoted you, looks like I will be ringing Chipping Sodbury Ford in the morning!

Ifoolishly thought that all dealers would charge the same "Ford" service charges.

Goes to show that it pays to ring around.

Kugameister

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Guys

I have just rang around a few ford dealers to get a price for my first service.

The resulting quotes make interesting reading:

Taunton Ford £210.00

Brunel Ford £195.00

Chepstow Ford £175.00

Chipping Sodbury Ford £167.91

Winford Ford £158.00

Thornbury Ford£152.38

Clevedon Ford£139.68

So within a radius of 30 miles of my house I can save my self 70 quid!!!

Definately pays to ring around

Kugameister

·
Registered
11 Posts
is that the cost of the first service i.e @ 1500 miles or the one AFTER that one?? (as I'll think I'll hit 1500 pretty quickly...)

THanks
Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had my Kuga for about 3 weeks now, I bought it from Jeenings Ford - the company who sponsor this forum.........

I have had good experiences and bad experiences from dealers over the years, mainly one last year when I bought my wifes Mini Cooper..... which I'll not go into detail with.

However Jeenings Ford, I must say have been fantastic - great experience from walking onto the forcourt all the way to purchasing the car - I have had a couple of minor problems with the car..... and they have swiftly dealt with.

I also enjoyed the experience of the staff, they were extremly friendly..... not pushy in anyway!!! which I liked as I would have probably just walked out if they were.

Andy

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've just purchased my kuga from Rates in Grays, Essex. During my intial enquires to various dealers, both Ford and Nissan, I have come across amazing service, and abissmal attention to the very basic needs of a customer. Hoping this was out of the ordinary, I started a thread asking the very same question - with many Kuga owners passing on their experiences. Thanks to members I found Rates to be a quality dealer, only let down by Ford mo.co. which was a shame.So in a nut shell - Dagenham motors - Plaistow, lost my detail, then couldn't do a deal so I walked.
SMC Crayford - Potentially great deal, but couldn't provide a long enough test drive and indicated that unless I was an existing customer - forget as I could be anyone who could drive off with their Kuga.
Dagenham Motors - Sidcup. Didn't even bother calling me to find out why I didn't show for the test drive. Didn't bother as they couldn't do my test drive as arranged, but didn't call me or notify me until I called them to confirm the time.
Perrys High Wycombe. Dealer a bit shakey to begin with a didn't return calls on time. Needed alot of chasing. Good deal reached, but bettered by rates, and didn't call back to make a better offer.
Hope this helps,

Regards,
Dave.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I can recommend Rates in Grays. I have bought several cars from them (including 2 Kugas), and have recommended them to several people at work and on here. I have found their price among the best, and have had no problems with the cars when delivered.Ask for Lisa Richardson in new car sales. No complaints. Bruce. Edited by: BruceKuga

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have had really good service from Cuff Miller in Littlehampton. I have always had compnay cars and although they have never supplied the car they have always sorted out any issues and problems that have come up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.