Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all you kuga lovers...i love my kuga but i dont like the amount of rubbish the dealers tell you about thier margins....let me know if any of you out there would like to know the margins on anything form the cars to the extras.....it might give you a bit of help in getting prices down if you are thinking of buying.....these margins are from july 2008

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It might be interesting to know.

I traded in a C-Max Ghia 1.8 diesel black, leather seats top of the range 05 reg with 20K on the clock. Local Ford gave me £6250 for it. They sold it less than a week later off their forecourt for £8950. I appreciate they have to make a profit but they would not budge on the Kuga price which was £22500 'Take it or leave it'

The package I got was the ex demo ( 4K mileage) with X pack, convenience, 18" alloys, full leather seats ,pano roof, blue tooth etc but I have seen better deals since and to add insult to injury, I got less than a 1/4 of a tank of petrol and it wasn't especially clean and polished when I picked it up.

However, having grizzled about it, it is the most beautiful car and I am extremely happy with the product, just not the sale!

·
Registered
108 Posts
dont worry about dealer margins... hone your negotiating skills!
with a new model/low volume car like the kuga you'll find it hard to get a 'deal' unless a dealer wants to shift a particular stock car...

over 2k profit is a bit steep... always look on the forecourt to see what sort of price the 2nd hand motors are going for - i expect about £1000 mark up on the price a dealer would give me for trading in my old car.

do ya homework and drive a hard deal... aim towards the end of the month for the deals as this is the time they'll want to shift cars and make their numbers up... if they have had a bad month!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Good point, my trouble is my impatience! I saw the Kuga and I wanted it. Perhaps I should have been a bit cool and walked away and pretended I wasn't that bothered. Having said that, it would be interesting to know whether I got a reasonable deal on the package I got. The dealer said that the extras I got with the demowere worthan extra £2K so basically what I lost on my trade in I gained on the new car.

Horses for courses I suppose.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi mate.

Can you tell me the margin on a Zetec.

I will be getting a£2000 privilege voucher and £1000 Ford contribution, So £3000 off in total.

And the price of the car is £15,595 in total, taking away all the discounts.

Add Apperance pack and Metallic paint, brings the car back up to £16,540.

And Imight be chopping in my 3dr08 Focus ST3(facelift) in metallic black. The prices I have had for this range from £12,500 - £14,000.

If you can give me a margin on this information I would really appreciate it!

Cheers.

Dave

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi there for standard zetec model my figure shows main dealer get them for £16286.17... reatil dealer gets them for £16458.51...hope that helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts