Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had agreed a verbal price with a dealerof £19100 for a new, unregistered 2.0l Kuga Titanium in panther black with convenience and appearance pack, but they have not been returning my calls since and their customer service seems to be non existent. I then spoke to another dealer of the same company (different branch) but the best he said he could do would be £19350 because of the shipping costs as the car is in Guernsey. I asked him to match the other price but he said there is no way he could do that, even though the other dealer was part of the same company.

I am in a bit of a dilemma and he is ringing me back today to see if I want to go ahead with the deal. Although there is only £250 in it do I hold out and say i will only proceed if he matches the price of £19100 or accept their price of £19350 and ask for a couple of small extras (eg tank of fuel, 12 months tax, decent mats) to be thrown in.

I really do like the car and dont really want to lose out but then again I want to feel like I have got the best price possible.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i think it depends on how much you are saving compared to a factory order. go down to the garage personally that gave you the original price and have it out with the salesman

·
Registered
46 Posts
hi again if you ordered the car from drivethedeal in black with awd and the 2 packs you mentioned the price comes in at £18909.52. a saving on the second price of £450 ish. food for thought

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately not. Saleman said he would like to sell me the car at £19100 but general manager said no as, apparently there weremore shipping costs bringing the car over from Guernsey than first thought. He did say he could do a deal for only £250 more at £19350, but I said no as I did not want to pay more than originally quoted. I know £19350 would still have been a good deal but i felt a bit messed around. Salesman did say he would give me a ring in the next few days if anything 'changes'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts