Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga 2021 ST-Line X PHEV Magnetic
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my NextBase DashCam using a hard wire kit in my new Kuga today and thought it would be beneficial to document the process.

As many before have said, the new Kuga uses micro 2 fuses and the standard fuse tap from NextBase is mini. I sourced a replacement from NextBase for £3.50 including delivery -> Micro 2 fuse tap for Nextbase Hardwire Kit, ordered on Thursday arrived on Saturday.

1) Place you DashCam in a suitable position on the screen

2) route the power cable in the headlining and then down the passenger door pilar inside the door rubber

3) remove the one of the door pillar inserts, be sure to pull the bottom part up first as it has a notch at the top that holds it behind the panel above, and route the cable through it to behind the glove box. Once the cable is in replace the insert remembering the notch at the top

4) remove the two fuse box cover retaining clips

These are quite hard to remove by hand. I used the blunt side of a knife to lever them out

5) pull the cover down and then out towards you - the bottom plastic part has its own clips that will release as you pull it forward.

6) remove fuse 3 - I used a pair of long nosed pliers

7) install the removed fuse into the fuse tap and replace in the fuse box. Connect the ground wire to the nut below the fuse box

8) replace the fuse box cover. I found it easier to split the cover into two and replace the back piece first and then the top.

9) turn on your ignition and confirm the DashCam powers on

Fuse 3 has power when the ignition is on so is suitable for the DashCam but it would be good to find one that comes on when the car is unlocked and goes off 10 minutes after the ignition is turn off - on my previous Ford I tapped the fuse that powered the 12v power adaptor which performed as above.

Andy

·
Registered
2017 Frozen White Titanium AWD
23 Posts
Excellent write up, thanks. I need to hardwire my Nextbase in. I'll order the additional adapter for the hardwire kit.

·
Registered
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,544 Posts
Excellent write up, thanks. I need to hardwire my Nextbase in. I'll order the additional adapter for the hardwire kit.
The write up was for the Mk3, yours is a mk2 and nextbase kit comes with correct piggy back fuse adaptors for mk2 and F85 is fuse location to use on Mk2 for a switched ignition supply

·
Registered
2017 Frozen White Titanium AWD
23 Posts
So it is! I didn't read it properly or even notice the different dash in the pics. However, I think it's broadly the same, and thanks for the fuse info location for the Mk2.

·
Registered
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,544 Posts
So it is! I didn't read it properly or even notice the different dash in the pics. However, I think it's broadly the same, and thanks for the fuse info location for the Mk2.
Yes method is exactly the same, just a different type of fusebox

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.