Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mk1 Kuga 2.0d 163ps manual 4x4
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2011 build Titanium there is a cubby hole in the top of the dash in the middle. I am wondering what people use it for?

It strikes me that the cubby may be a filler that is in place instead of a sat nav screen, much like you see on BMWs (as an example).

Maybe the car is too old for that infotainment tech, but as I am considering replacing the head unit with an Android Auto double din, just thought I would explore all options. Are there any upgrades/options that would give me Nav and online music streaming that retain the existing (very pretty) head unit?

·
Registered
Kuga MK1 4x4 2.0d 136hp
152 Posts
Hi indeed the pocket on the dashboard is kind of useless at least to me :D I have checked many aftermarket multimedia and actually there are not so much.... for the other Ford models there literally tens of models but for Kuga are basically 2 (with some agreements )

Option 1: usually there 2 colors -silver (which doesn't match the rest of the dash) and black

Option 2: These type multimedia looks better to me (more like genuine Ford type) and when you read they all fit Kuga's but to me this is not true. Kuga radio is rectangular and has 4 keys to lock to the dash,but these multimedia are with screws which is actually every other Ford model. So unless there is some kind of conversion I don't think this will work.

i think this guy manage to pull the existing silver bezel from the OEM radio and to fit it onto op.2 but no further details available

·
Registered
Kuga MK1 4x4 2.0d 136hp
152 Posts
I done a lot of research but the Kuga has very unusual dash, which makes the mission impossible to find something nice and useful ... I like one type of multimedia but it will overlap the buttons on the sides ( specially the heated windows )

these are external and adjustable and not fully rectangular but are usually too big for our cars ..... but they has this modern look :D

If you had MK2/MK2.5 you can directly go for the Tesla style.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I done a lot of research but the Kuga has very unusual dash, which makes the mission impossible to find something nice and useful ... I like one type of multimedia but it will overlap the buttons on the sides ( specially the heated windows )

View attachment 8096

these are external and adjustable and not fully rectangular but are usually too big for our cars ..... but they has this modern look :D

If you had MK2/MK2.5 you can directly go for the Tesla style.
8" Joying doesn'
Car Steering part Automotive design Motor vehicle Center console
t overlap the buttons

·
Registered
Kuga MK1 4x4 2.0d 136hp
152 Posts
Hi plg1970 that actually looks very nice 🙂 can you send me link , also as far as I see did you use filler for the hole ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi plg1970 that actually looks very nice 🙂 can you send me link , also as far as I see did you use filler for the hole ?
I already had the filler from the previous install of a double din unit. The Joying unit is great so far, and sounds really nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts