Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just has my Kuga a week now. 2.0 TDCI Zetec Sea Grey Appearance pack, etc. Love the car but I get an annoying rattle from the dash at idle. Anyone had the same? Some grumbles on the forum on economy. So far I am getting about 35mpg around town.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Try holding your thumb in the centre air vents and see if it stops. I have an intermittent problem here (that always clears up when I take it to the garage).

I did have a more serious one back in June 2008 and had to have the gear change cables changed.

Don't put up with it and get it back to the dealer as rattles are only covered for the first 12 months!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I also have a problem of an annoying rattle and it also is coming from the silver toggles on the central air vents. When i put my fingers on them it stops. This rattle only happens sometimes and i'm trying to rack my brains on how to stop it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
good luck with the rattle cure! can be very annoying. yes fuel consumption is slightly below what one would expect but 35 round town seems to be the norm. I get just under but if I drive in a spirited way? i can go below 31 quite easy.
I try for 35 round town by pussyfooting throttle ,no heavy acceleration and no revs above 2500. on a run hoping to get above 39 mpg/ will kno wnext week when its doing its first long run down to dorset and hopefully try out the cruise control.

·
Registered
106 Posts
hi....i sometimes get a slight rattle form the six cd changer, i think its the cds moving slightly in the holder......as for mpg....its crap....fords figures must be from another planet ive had my kuga sinse last july mix of town ( not much) , normal roads and motorway....only just averaging 36mpg....diesel awd

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey,, has anyone found a way of stopping the air vent rattle,,, it does my head in, I have tried to put very this pieces of rubber under the silver slide thing and it hasn`t made a difference at all.
If anyone finds a solution with out replacing the whole vent please post....

·
Administrator
2,975 Posts
I've prised the small silver strip off and put a few small dabs of epoxy resin on the backside of it and also on the black slider part and then clipped the silver strip back on.

Using that stuff means there's no chance whatsoever of it it either coming off or moving or rattling ever again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts