Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2016 titanium x sport 180 awd manual
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi peeps.
Have searched the forum on the above and got a bit of info on this.

My plan is to piggy back off F85 fuse but get a 12 volt female socket wired from that if that makes sense.

Reason for this is so I can use the cigarette socket (male end) which contains the volt dropper thingy in there I presume...

Will need to earth the black wire from the 12volt female socket to the body.

Couple of questions...

Does the above sound feasible?
Is there anywhere in glove box area (passenger foot well) where I can earth the female 12v socket?

Cheers in advance.

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
450 Posts
Yes, that's perfectly feasible, in fact it's exactly what I have done. It will need to be earthed, there are a couple of exposed bolts that can be used in that area.

You will find it much easier if you remove the glovebox, it sounds excessive but it's only a couple of bolts. Start by removing the side panel plastic, then remove 3 torx headed botls and the glovebox just pulls towards the passenger seat, don't pull it too far before removing the wiring to the light. Something like this below would be ideal.

12V15A FEMALE CIGAR SOCKET +PIGGY BACK STANDARD BLADE FUSE HARD WIRE + GIFT 6929525942937 | eBay

Reactions: smartguy69 and Tomp

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.
That's what I have ordered. Just wanted to double check that it will work 😂.

In all fairness Im pretty sure I did this on my old mondeo or c Max I think.

Thanks again 👍.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
That's exactly what I did on the wife's mokka as I didn't want to spend a tenner on some dodgy hardwire kit and the genuine nextbase one at £19.99 or whatever it was didn't seem like value for money. I think the female cig lighter socket cost me about four quid and used the original nextbase charger lead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a dash cam, how and where do you hide all the wires? Mine is just hanging down my window to my centre console plugged into my USB

·
450 Posts
Just tuck it up along the front of the headlining, then down inside the plastic cover down the 'A' pillar. From there it's easy to get behind the plastic on the side of the glovebox and behind it to the fusebox.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right then gents....

Just been trying to hardware the dash Cam with a piggy back fuse but it's to short to reach the fuse terminal within the fuse box.

If anybody has hardwired dash can on a kuga mk 2 please can you let me know where you got your piggy back fuse from?

Thx in advance.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I used a Nextbase hard wire kit, far more cable than is needed, excess is colied/cable tied near fusebox, comes complete with piggy backs for different fuse sizes, didn't want to wire it with a female socket

Reactions: Les

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used a Nextbase hard wire kit, far more cable than is needed, excess is colied/cable tied near fusebox, comes complete with piggy backs for different fuse sizes, didn't want to wire it with a female socket
Thanks for that. My plan is / was to just use original socket that comes with the camera. It is the correct piggy back but just needs to be a bit longer (the metal buts that go in to the fuse).

·
450 Posts
Thanks for that. My plan is / was to just use original socket that comes with the camera. It is the correct piggy back but just needs to be a bit longer (the metal buts that go in to the fuse).
Not sure if you have this sorted or not yet, but there are 4 different sizes of fuse tap.

Reactions: Tomp

·
450 Posts
Need someone to do mine haven't got a clue where to start.
It's really easy honestly, post up a general location and a fellow member may be willing to help you out. I know someone will be along soon and say take it to Halfords but I wouldn't trust anyone there to fit a dustcap never mind a dashcam but that's just me.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Need someone to do mine haven't got a clue where to start.
As Andy says it really is easy, done it on my last 3 Kugas and only takes 30/40 minutes with a hard wire kit, and totally agree about Halfords, watched them doing wiper blades under their gazebo garage a while back for a woman whilst my wife was shopping, 45 minutes and they hadn't finished

Reactions: andspenka

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in Crosby in liverpool, no trust me everything I touch I break.😂😂😂 no good with wires a d stuff. Which wire loom do I need out of them 4 you posted, I drive a 65 plate 2015 kuga Titanium X Sport.

·
450 Posts
The bottom one, the normal mini.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
2,882 Posts
Be aware a few sites use the wrong or different names for the fuse sizes. Take a spare fuse in with you if you're buying one from a shop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts