Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to my new Kuga chums
I am in the process of hardwiring my next base dash cam and the fuse I'm looking to piggy back with is F85 (ignition switch)
it all seems easy ? just need to make sure its ok to use F85
thanks guys

Kuga 2019 model Titanium 1.5 eco boost automatic

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I did think so just have to make sure LOL

can I mount it on the black bit of my screen behind the mirror ?
I have a 222x with rear facing camera so the rear camera will be at side of my mirror

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hang on no it will sit above the rear view mirror (otherwise I won't see screen) LOL

·
Super Moderator
2,183 Posts
hang on no it will sit above the rear view mirror (otherwise I won't see screen) LOL

I was just about to post that if you put it threr you won't be able to see it (which, in truth, is no bad thing as you don't want to be distracted by it).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've done it

I've only gone and done it

and it all works

thank you so much for the advice

·
Registered
2018 ST line 2.0 tdci (120 ?)
46 Posts
Did you manage to stick it to the black part of the screen. I know with suction mounts they don't stay

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you manage to stick it to the black part of the screen. I know with suction mounts they don't stay
Yes I did well half and half really. I used the sticky pad it came with not the suction one
they supply a spare sticky pad too
will have to wait until sun shines on it to see if it falls off I spose Lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have a Nextbase fitted to the black part of the screen with the sticky pads and it is really firm, even when pulling the camera away from the magnetic part. I also used the suction base fitted to the black part of the screen on my recent loan car and it was solid for the three months and was really hard to remove at the end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for jumping on your thread.
I'm going to be hardwiring a dash cam using a piggyback. What I'm asking is what fuse is good enough to power a dash cam ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi MikeSt57. Piggyback off F85 (which is a 7amp) and use a 2amp fuse in the slot for the dash cam.

Reactions: MikeSt57

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
The fuse supplied with the piggy back is fine usually a 2 amp, just put the donor fuse from F85 into the empty port, presuming you've got a MK 2 Kuga

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ye 64 plate.
Ye I understand which order to put the fuses into the piggy back. But is there a certain way the piggyback then goes into the original fuse slot?
Also what size fuses is in these kugas

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The fuse supplied with the piggy back is fine usually a 2 amp, just put the donor fuse from F85 into the empty port, presuming you've got a MK 2 Kuga
I think he wants to know whether they are the mini or micro blade type. I don't know as I don't have mine hard wired but took me a while to find which was the right piggy back for the wife's Mokka.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Nextbase hard wire kits come complete with both mini and micro piggy back fuse holders

1 - 19 of 19 Posts