Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great forum!!

I've had my Kuga Titanium for about 4 months now and love it. When I picked it up, I complained that the Sony Dab stereo was all marked, kind of like pot marks and fine scratches all over the main screen. Anyway after about 2 months they finally got round to replacing it and simply swapped mine with another brand new (sold) model in the showroom....

Anyway to cut a long story short, the muppet that swapped them over was a little heavy handed and marked all four of the removal holes that surround the stereo.They now lookslightly chipped.

I really should have noticed there and then or taken it back the next day, but I didnt and have now left it far to long to go back and complain. I just couldntbe bothered to deal with them anymore as I had also had it back in because of the Air Con not working (nogas in it)and some of the doors just didnt seem to line up properly - it does seem to have some very questionable build quality in some places??

Does anyone know if I can get this part replaced anywhere?? It looks like it can be unclipped from the stereo but Ford dont sell this onits own. It just seems to tarnish my new car somehow.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced, you are not on your own here, a few members have hadissues with poor workmanship and damage to the four retaining pinslots. On the subject fine scratches, the thing I noticed was the huge amount of dust that gathers on the front (static) I made the mistake of rubbing it off with a finger this created tiny scratches probably the same as you have mentioned, does not help that the fasia plastic is very soft.Someone mentioned recently that there Kuga Titanium delivery date had been pushed back due to a shortage of Sony DAB radio's, perhaps they have identified a quality problem? . . perhaps not. Bob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if anyone else that's had this problem managed to source a replacement part?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had quality issues. They are definitely poor compared to previous stereos I have had.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Quality of the Sony DAB is very poor, tried everything to improve reception, evenhandbrake turns . . . it's rubbish.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am still waiting for my kugato arrive, has been a delay by about a week, have ordered mine with DAB, apparently there is a problem with the DAB's and ford are replacing/upgrading them before being delivered? has anyone else heard of this, think I've seen something on here about it?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Mike S, Replacing or Upgrading has to be a good thing.Good DAB signal receptionin Whitby? There a week or so ago in Sandsend(ducks chorus) really struggled toget a mobile signal. Interested to see how your new radio is and would appreciate it if you keep us informed. Bob.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello bob,Yes I will let you know re the signal, I have a pretty good signal at home with DAB, live about 9 miles south of sandsend, is your reception generally good, if not do you think there is a fault with it?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hello again Mike S, Ilive in Timperley, South Manchester, DAB signal strength considering I live in the capitol of the North (Ouch!!) is justawful, have to take DAB portable radio upstairswhere signal strength is showing just half. Sony DAB radio for me personallyis notgood,but I have to accept that some members on this sites opinions, genuine or not (wind up merchants) claims thattheir Sony DAB is absolutely brilliant, curiously if Ford/Sony are replacing or upgrading the DAB radio then it kinda confirms my experience of the Sony, which is pap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts