Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Zetec Kuga with the standard stereo and have bought a sony dab unit to replace it, does any one know if the silver plate surrounding it is the same or do I need a new one for the dab unit.

Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Maybe (I cannot imagine why) but how would someone know? And what warranty do you exactly mean?

it is only a 5 minute job or so to take the old one out and the new one in.
I have replaced the standaard Ford 5000 unit with a Pioneer AVIC-F900BT. I only took me some more time because I also had to install an extra rack, a GPS antenna and an Ipod cable.
Taking the original one out is only a 30 seconds job if you have the right tools. I asked a Ford engineer to do it. Not because of the difficulty (even someone with 2 left hands can do it) but because they have the tools for the original unit.

In my case, because it is a leasecar, I have to turn it in (after 4 years) in exactly the same configuration as I got it.
So then I will take the Pioneer out and put the original radio back.

Did you see the pictures of my new unit on this forum?
By the way: does the Sony unit also have FAKRA or ISO? If it has ISO you will need a cable adapter.

Edited by: mouse1277

·
Registered
260 Posts
You will need a new facsia to surround the sony headunit. As the unit you will be taking out is square and the sony one is an oval shape.
You need to contact your local Ford dealership and order one. Once you get a price and finis number, can you forward me the details, as I am looking to do this in the near future when funds are available.

P.S Where did you get your unit from if you don't mind me asking? As one of the boys from work and had a quote for £550 for a single cd mp3 dab unit!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, cant seem to get an answer from from Allen Ford, they cant find the facia plate on their parts list, also not sure if it needs a mounting braket. The Dab unit is from a face lifted focus. I assume this is the same unit as the Kuga. Allens have asked me to bring the dab and car in at the weekend so they can check out what it needs. I'll let you know how that goes. Not too sure about taking the old one out myself as to be honest I'm a bit hopless at this sort of thing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Vorbis99 by anychance on a certain auction site??

As someone by that name has just bought the DAB unit I was watching!

Ha ha, you snooze you loose eh! Well done mate, let us know how you get on with the fascia? While I carry on my search......

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes that was me sorry. I've got the unit here and it looks brand new as described, however still need to find out about the facia surround and fitting, can't believe Allen ford couldn't find the part listed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be honest they were pretty good on the dab aerial, came back to me with a price of 168 supplied and fitted. So at the moment I'm looking at a total cost of £340 plus whatever the facia surround is going to cost me.Edited by: Vorbis

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I'm now being told that Fords do not sell a facia plate to allow you to fit the sony dab stereo. You have to buy the specific ford kuga sony stereo which includes the facia plate which cannot be bought separately. They tell me the units are identical apart from the facia plate. This seems really stupid, any suggestions ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Vorbis said:
I have the Zetec Kuga with the standard stereo and have bought a sony dab unit to replace it, does any one know if the silver plate surrounding it is the same or do I need a new one for the dab unit.
I have a Zetec, but with Sony DAB fitted incl bluetooth , USB etc. I'm sure you will need a few more bits to take full advantage of that system like DAB aerial and loom & radio interface cable.
Good luck. .......................................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts