Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an avid Absolute radio listener, I had DAB radio in a past Vauxhall and it was faulteless, never lost or dropped its signal etc. A HUGE bonus for me on my New Kuga is obviously the radio. While I am waiting for mine to be born, could those of you already in ownership and using DAB, please tell me (and of course the othe awaiting owners) how good and reliable it is. THANK YOU

·
Registered
173 Posts
Have been really pleased with the DAB and the automatic tuning + all the channels although doesn't seem to pick up anything and everything like the portable DAB that i have, but i've not really studied the audio guide that comeswith the handover packin full detail. The quality of sound is really good,someone on here didn't really rate the sound quality but you can adjust the bass/treble for radio and cdseperately to get the maximum out of the unit which i have to say i'm very happy with.

Regards Graham

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hello the undertaker.
The DAB in my Kuga sounds terrific particularly absolute classic rock. only problem i have is with going near spermarkets etc... sometimes the station goes quiet which i presume is where the signal isnt fully there. get the same when driving when it goes between areas. get a 1 or 2 second mute effect. overall it is excellent.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Living in deepest Essex and regularly visiting Suffolk, I must say the quality is excellent and sounds terrific (agree on the Absolute Rock), but there are serious gaps in coverage where the sound simply cuts out. I confess I've reverted to FM. Maybe coverage in these remote lands (!) will improve soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
kuga user, have you had any luck, I would also b interested in upgrading to DAB radio (if possble) as we listen to talk sport all the time. Receptionaround M1 and evenings ain'tvery good. I had in a previous life a BMW and enquired if you couldfit DAB, told this wasafactory fitted option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts