Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone who has the dab installed tell me what the reception is like driving around?
when i got my kuga Zetec at the end of august i paid £400 (rip off) for an upgrade to a 6 cd changer radio, and they fitted the sony dab model. Quite nice i thought but then the Dab function did not work because the berks did not change the aerial. untill this day i am still waiting to get the aerial changed after numerous attempts by hartwell ford ( wrong aerial ordered, then cable not long enough, then wrong additional cable ordered, now i am told the correct lead will come early next week. heres hoping. i think Dab will be great if it works

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry no DAB on my head unit... but I'd just like to say, I'm not that impressed with the reception of my Sony (non DAB) 6cd unit. I've had better reception,less crackling and frequency hopping on units 15+ yrs old! This raises the question... "Are Ford using good quality cabling and aerials etc.?"

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've got DAB on mine and love it. Reception is excellent, tonnes of stations to tune into and good quality sound. You won't be disappointed when you get it. Well worth the wait. Don't think I'd buy a car without DAB now I've had it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the DAB unit on my Kuga, but I think I would have preferred the 6 disc unit instead. There is a lot more stations to choose from but if you're anything like me and keep flicking between stations until you find a song that you like then it can be a bit annoying as it takes a few seconds for the station to change over.

·
Registered
102 Posts
yes, I'm like you Essex with that! The scan button is particularly tempting!
Personally, I don't do CDs anymore (or won't as soon as my ipod issue is sorted). My Ipod has got about 12gb of songs on it, which is miles more than 6 cds!

1 annoying thing about the DAB aerial that I've just discovered. Went into a car park thats got 1m 85 clearance. The aerial was scraping on the ceiling. Thought it was my roof bars at first. Got to say that puting an aerial where Ford have is pretty daft, given the height of the car

·
Registered
55 Posts
on the whole I find DAB very good. You hit the odd poor reception spot more than with FM but the quality of the sound is good and the range of channels is great. Of course, you still have FM available but I find I never need to use it.
Why it had to be a trade for the 6CD feature I don't know, but I would still choose the DAB.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys
Finally had my dab fitting completed today and i must say it is great.great receptionand tons of choice.

PS i hd a new mondeo titanium while mine was in the service and i must say a very nice car.

the onboard computer is very nice. would have complimentes the kuga a treat, but i found the ride a bit hard, not at all as comfortable as my Kuga

Just LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVV My KKKKKKKKKKKUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGAAA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts