Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i recently bought a ford kuga ST line 2019 and its not picking up many dab stations im lucky if im getting 10. My car before was a Ford focus 2017 n worked amazing on DAB. I've not moved areas or anything.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or know how to solve it

Many thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
706 Posts
It's still under factory warranty, take it to a dealer...

·
Super Moderator
706 Posts
There have been similar issues reported here, as a I recall usually down to a failed antenna (they have power to them I think)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There have been similar issues reported here, as a I recall usually down to a failed antenna (they have power to them I think)
Hi I've not long purchased my car and its still under warranty. So I've just called my local Ford dealership and they have told me they can book it in but I may be charged £95!!?? As it will have to go on the diagnostic??

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Diagnostic is not your problem, thats for them to find the fault. Your car is under manufacturers warranty for 3 years, dig your heels in and dont let them waffle you

Reactions: DogDeluxe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diagnostic is not your problem, thats for them to find the fault. Your car is under manufacturers warranty for 3 years, dig your heels in and dont let them waffle you
Aww thank you for your reply, the man said we can look but u maybe charged as it could be a fault not covered by ur warranty??? I was like ur messing what else could it be... he couldnt answer me

·
Registered
2020 Kuga St Line X 2.0D (190) Auto AWD Chrome Blue
34 Posts
When you're tuning the DAB radio there is a button on the screen that says 'Ensemble+' when you press on that it finds more DAB radio stations.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
220 Posts
Yeah which other manufacturer lists as Ensemble. What ever happened to the “plain English society “

I must remember to make a shopping Ensemble before I go to the supermarket :rolleyes:

·
Registered
[ Phil ]
514 Posts
Yeah which other manufacturer lists as Ensemble. What ever happened to the “plain English society “

I must remember to make a shopping Ensemble before I go to the supermarket :rolleyes:

Hahaha - Agreed. It is slightly pretentious :rolleyes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Aww thank you for your reply, the man said we can look but u maybe charged as it could be a fault not covered by ur warranty??? I was like ur messing what else could it be... he couldnt answer me
Everything is covered on the first year warranty (except obvious wear and tear) I would look for a more accommodating dealer as that is appalling. I would also let Ford know about it as well because this is reflecting badly on them.

It is either broken (warranty issue) or not well enough explained by the salesman so should be covered by him/her. Either way you are the customer not the problem !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks gregg I'm havin problems with the stop/start now works as n when it wants. Its been in twice theybsay they replaced the cable n it worked for all of 2 days now I'm demanding a new battery which is being done on Friday. Had to have a new horn last week as it sounded like it was dying. Just no winning here lol

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
The stop start is quite random and there are a few reasons why it doesn't work every time and its not always down to the state of the battery.

Is your car a diesel or petrol.

·
Registered
858 Posts
AUTO START-STOP: LIMITATIONS OF USE
On both manual and automatic transmissions, the engine may not stop under certain conditions, for example:
  • Low engine operating temperature.
  • To maintain the interior climate.
  • The battery charge level is low.
  • The outside temperature is too low or too high.
  • Opening the driver door when in motion.
  • The heated windshield is on.
  • During regeneration of the diesel particulate filter.
On automatic transmissions only:
  • When the driver seatbelt is unfastened.
  • The steering angle is greater than 90 degrees.
  • Transmission is in sport (S) or manual (M).

On both manual and automatic transmissions, the engine may restart under certain conditions, for example:
  • To maintain the interior climate, for example air conditioning.
  • The battery charge level is low.
  • The heated windshield is turned on.
  • Your vehicle starts to roll downhill in neutral.
On automatic transmissions only:
  • When the driver seatbelt is unfastened.
  • The driver door is opened when in drive.
  • Transmission is shifted to sport (S) or manual (M)

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I should save your post for the next time lol. Stop start is a PITA if you ask me. Its annoying when it works and equally annoying when it doesn't. It makes excessive use of the starter and battery. Battery alternator and starter motor costs are ridiculously high because of it and it serves no real purpose other than ticking a box for the environmentalists. In the old days when got stuck for a while this little thought in my head made my right hand grab they key and turned it anti clockwise. Apologies for my negative post but I just think car manufacturers need to look elsewhere for features or upgrades and not try and exploit us for more cash when it goes wrong.

I actually located and removed my stop start module and like an idiot put it back lol.

If you like the feature then that's great but it doesn't float my boat.

Reactions: Jizzer

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Hiya its a petrol ⛽
At least you don't need to worry about its not working due to it doing a dpf regeneration.

I find the stop start a lot more efficient in the summer. Through last winter mine hardly worked at all. If the state of the battery is too low it doesn't work yet I left my ignition on and ran the battery flat to a point it needed a jump. A 10 minute journey to my daughter's and then back again and the stop start worked and no way could the battery have been fully charged in that time. Or could it. It drives me nuts and all through winter I was thinking do I need to replace the battery. I guess one morning I will go to the car and it won't start and then I will know for sure.

I think they should rename the feature as "work or don't work".

Enjoy the car and there have been a couple of battery failures with cars as new as yours. Early warning signs are leave the car for a three days or so and it won't start. Don't let ford fob you off saying it needs a software update as chances are the battery is duff like a few others on here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts