Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

have just recently joined this club, have to say I'm very impressed with everything on this site, I am waiting fo my Kuga to arrive, been waiting 2 weeks (I know, pretty lucky)hopefully get it on Friday this week, myKuga has the DAB radio with bluetooth, I have read the various comments on DAB, seems mixed, both good and bad, I live in North Yorkshire Nr Whitby, there is a reasonable DAB coverage so hope it will work well, my question is can anyone advise how the bluetooth/voice control works, also not ever having bluetooth in a car before, when the phone rings is there a display of who is ringing, or does it just say incoming call or similar, also will it show if a text message has arrived on the phone? Have to say looking forward to the arrival later this week. I have purchased a silver Kuga AWD zetecdiesel version.
Mike.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hello Mike S. Congratulations on the purchase of your Kuga. The system doesnt recognise text messages, but if you have phone numbers in your phone memory (not sim) you can access the names in this from the radio display. Cant remember if it says incoming call or name of caller... cant check now as my wife has the car at work now. Will have a look and reply again if i remember?????
BK.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mike,
first of all welcome to the club
.I have my Kuga for almost 2 months now and I just upgraded Ford's 6000cd system to Sony's single cd/mp3 DAB radio system.The car have the voice/bluetooth function (2.5 petrol Titanium).Along with your new car's documents and manuals you'll find a booklet describing in which way the voice system and bluetooth system works,what they do when the do it and what exactly you must do in order to make things work nicely.Actually bluetooth and voice are 2 separate systems.They use audio system so you can hear the voice commants while the car "speaks" to you and for bluetooth function to operate your mobile phone.Now...not just any phone out there works or have the same abilities with car's bluetooth system.There is a comprehensive site http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/ where you can find which phone is capable to do what exactly, when pared with your Kuga bluetooth system.I'm in the process to buy my new mobile phone these days (my old phone is a bit of too old for such sophisticated systems ) and I spend several days to find out and finally decide which phone is the right one for me (price & functions vs capabilities with Kuga bluetooth).There are also other functions beside the ones you're asking,you'll find them out when your car arrives and read the voice and buetooth manuals.But for what you're asking specifically:
When phone rings,with some phones you hear phone's own ringtone whille with others you can't and car's handsfree/bluetooth system produces its own default standard tone.With some phones you can see calling infos on the audio's system digital display i.e. who is calling or just the phone number e.t.c.I'm not aware of any function cencerning text messages like sms if that was what you mean.
Be patient (I know it's hard
) and when your car arrive all these questions of yours will be answered.If you still have any questions let us know.I'm sure you'll gonna find all the possible help in here with us.
Nick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts