Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Hopefullyoneof you techies will be able to help me. I have the Sony DAB radio in my Kuga. Is the aerial specifically designed for DAB, or can any aerial be used?

The reason I ask is I have just cut down an aerial I had from a Corsa so that I can get the Kuga in the garage without removing it. Will I still get a decent signal? Any help is greatfully appreciated.

JB

·
Registered
287 Posts
I doubt it is specifically designed for the Kuga but it will be designed for optimum reception. I simply unscrew mine before putting it in the garage.
ideally Ford should have made it a hidden antenna such as using the rear heated screen as has been done before. its a pain I know as it often a mile or two down the road before I want to usethe radio and then it has no antenna! no reason not to try your cut down version though, good luck.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I did cut it down and it seems to work fine. It was only this morning that I realised I had been listening to FM and only found the DAB stations this morning. DOH!.

·
Registered
374 Posts
wow, one of the big plusses for us is the dab, altho I guess it is all about what you listen to at home, we only listen to Absolute Radio. DAB in every room in the house.

Glad your reception seems ok still JB1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts