Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Black ST-Line FHEV (70 plate) SYNC 3.4
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my KUGA for almost 2 months and have hit a problem with the DAB radio. All was working well but in the last few days when I tap on “All Stations” none are found. I also can’t tune in any using the rotary knob. I can only listen to stored preset stations.

Has anyone else had this issue, especially on SYNC 3.4? Reaching out here before I take the nuclear option of a master reset. I also worry doing that could leave me with no stations at all. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,337 Posts
Master Reset is always the first choice with things like this, it clears the cache out & normally fixes any bugs like this.

I'm not sure if you've performed a Master Reset before but it's not as bad as it sounds, only means you'll need to re-pair your phone and add any Sat Nav favourites.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019 MK2 Platinum White
3,230 Posts
Mine will not tune in whilst in my garage or on my drive due to my estate and house location, we are in a “dip”, even our Tv aerials are taller than normal, however it will tune in when I am in a more open area, strangely, once tuned in reception on my drive and in garage is fine and I have to do it after every update.(MK2 facelift with sync3.4)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the master reset but it made no difference.

Reception is fine where I am and I can still listen to and switch between the DAB stations I have stored as presets, it just doesn’t let me access anything to do with tuning.

Interestingly FM tuning works ok so it’s just DAB.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
272 Posts
Have you tried ensemble + and - button for some reason they call the station blocks ensemble

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tried ensemble + and - button for some reason they call the station blocks ensemble
When I press the Stations button on the main listening screen I get a popup saying No stations found. I don’t even get the option of ensembles, the entire screen goes blank with only a back button.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019 MK2 Platinum White
3,230 Posts
Its a new car, get dealer to sort it

Reactions: deeayy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you manage to find a fix for this? Exactly the same thing had happened to me today.
I’ve done a master reset but that hasn’t changed it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you manage to find a fix for this? Exactly the same thing had happened to me today.
I’ve done a master reset but that hasn’t changed it.
Not yet. I’m aiming to call my local dealer next week and see what they say.

Out of interest, what version of sync are you using? I have 3.4 Build 20136. I wonder if it’s a software bug?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure, I updated a month ago but now whenever I check my VIN on the SYNC update page I just get “Please try again later”. Been like that for weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Leylo what do you get when you put your VIN into this page?

·
Registered
365 Posts
20136 had a few bugs in it (notably one to do with USB playback) but 20282 is much better. It may help doing the update (doesn't take very long). If it can play pre-set stations it doesn't sound like a hardware problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve downloaded and successfully installed the update - I’m now on 3.4 build 202082 but still no list of DAB stations showing and exactly the same thing as before “no stations found” and then blank screen with only the back arrow. Guess it’s a trip to a Ford dealer to get them to sort it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’ve downloaded and successfully installed the update - I’m now on 3.4 build 202082 but still no list of DAB stations showing and exactly the same thing as before “no stations found” and then blank screen with only the back arrow. Guess it’s a trip to a Ford dealer to get them to sort it.
Thanks for the update. I’ll get onto the dealer too, we can compare notes! Out of interest, what model/year do you have?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’ve booked mine in with Ford for next Thursday. Have you managed to get yours booked in?
That’s great. I’m waiting for my local Ford dealer to get back to me with available times. Hopefully can get it booked in next week too.

Not sure, I updated a month ago but now whenever I check my VIN on the SYNC update page I just get “Please try again later”. Been like that for weeks.
A quick note on this: I contacted Ford directly about this and they came back saying after an investigation they found an issue with the connection from the SYNC website to my car. They've have raised it with the SYNC team who will hopefully be able to fix.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts