Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought from D C Cook before? I order my Kuga on the 11th September paying a deposit on that date and then the balace in FULL on the 19th September and I still don't have my car!!!
They havent called me once!! I have contacted them asking for a delivery date and they keep stalling me. I called yesterday morning to be PROMISED that someone would call me in the afternoon with a delivery date but hey NO PHONE CALL. The terms state 7-10 days delivery. What should I do now? Just a warning DON'T buy from them, they maybe a bit cheaper but the customer service is terrible. Any help on what I should do please let me know?

·
Registered
108 Posts
how long did they quote the delivery when you placed the order???

the terms are generic - and will normally be for cars in stock... kuga isnt a stock item generally you will need to wait for your mota to roll off the production line!

obviously go visit the dealer, have a chat with the manager see what he has to say about the matter! if you dont get anywhere cancel the order - get ya cash back.... and call the ford help line and report the dealer...

if you cancel the ordercall my dealer > RT Rates - Grays Essex 01375 391234 - ask for Mike Daws - top notch customer service and good price!

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's very bad service and don't stand for it.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
If they stated 7 to 10 days than that must have been a car that is in stock as there is a few about. Did they say it would have to be built or it was a car already in stock?
<O:p></O:p>
But if the spec you ordered was not out there already built then its about 6 to 8 weeks from build to collection. For me this is the second new car I have purchased from a ford dealer. Both times all they asked for was a minimum of £500 for the deposite and quoted the exact build date the same day. then an estimate of how long it well take for the car to reach them and then a further few days for the pdi (maximum 5 depending on how busy they are). I also only paid the balance in full when collecting the car.
<O:p></O:p>
I think the best way forward for you is call the and say your coming in for a full refund and be firm about it as your not happy with their service and you don't trust them with your money.

And stick to your guns as car dealers are going though hard times at the moment and the last thing they want to do is give money back and lose a sale. Then you can negotiate with them unless they can account for where the car is that makes you happy and offer you an extra discount for your inconvenience. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine and he got an extra £700 of the price of the car.
Edited by: Essex_boy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I placed the order with them by choosing one of two that was IN STOCK one was blue one was silver, I chose the silver, it stated 7-10 days delivery. A deposit was paid of just over £2000 via CC on the 11th September then full balace (as asked by them) The reason I chose that one was because it was in stock otherwise I would have gone elsewhere! They are up north somewhere and I am down south so another £250 to deliver the car they have had too. (this is a company car I am not buying it personally but still I am peaved to say the least treating it as if it was my own money) I have called them at 10am today and BLEW MY STACK! To be told 'the car has'nt even come into us yet' I said my next call is to my company legal department! the guy said 'why' so to cut a long story short he promised to call me back but didnt so I called him at 2.15 this afternoon to be told he hadnt been told and he'll call me back but as yet NO CALL. I am fuming. I need to see a copy of their terms and conditions because I am sure they are breaking their contract now. SUGGESTIONS? I am going to call again now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They just hung up on me!!! I am now on hold again! I want an answer I don't thin I am being unreasonable.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If that happened to me I would be really concerned and would be on my way down to visit them as what happens if their one of these unfortunate company's that is about to go bust, is your money safe with them or the ford motor company.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On hold for 16 mins!! as they guy I was talking to was 'on the phone' yeah right! Again promised to call me back before 5 today I said if I hadnt heard by 4.45 I will call them back, I have also e-mailed. I feel I am turning into a flippin stalker!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
You're far from being a stalker as if they can't answer:-
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Is it a stock item if so where is it?
Did it have to be built if so what was/is the build date?

If they can't answer these simple questions then they have you money and haven't done anything so you should call ford direct and explain these concerns as they will agree they should be able to answer those questions.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It seems to me something is wrong and they are stalling for some reason.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can never understand why companies do things like that as all it dose is put you off for another day and wind you up even more. if they there is something wrong or they have made a mistake then not telling isn't going to help as you will find the truth eventually<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep you were right, after holding with no answer you get a message saying 'sorry the office is now closed' w**kers hey

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yikes! Sorry to hear about your bad experience elliebird!

What DOES happen when a company you've just given money to goes bust before you receive ur goods? And what would happen to us guys on the 2yr finance options deal if anything happened to Ford?

·
Registered
126 Posts
As you paid by Credit card that might be your next option depending on the name of the credit card. I purchased an expensive marine display tank some years ago with my Barclaycard and we are talking thousand of pounds here not hundreds. Same thing promises made, way past delivery date, putting me on hold, not calling me back and not replying to e-mails. When the items eventually turn's up there was problems with it.
Same attitude again putting me on hold, not returning calls or replying to e-mails and the person who they said I had to talk too had always just popped out the office. Well one phone call to Barclaycard and the next day they were calling me and couldn't do enough to help.

But as I said it depends on the credit card company as I had a similar experience with an item I purchased with my Egg Card and they was about as useful as a chocolate fire place.

·
Registered
126 Posts
amser said:
Yikes! Sorry to hear about your bad experience elliebird!

What DOES happen when a company you've just given money to goes bust before you receive ur goods? And what would happen to us guys on the 2yr finance options deal if anything happened to Ford?

That thought has crossed my mind too. I suppose it depends on who financed the car as Fords do export some of the finance to other company's, wouldn't make much off a hoot if the dealer went but would be interest to know what would happen to those who did get the direct ford finance and ford went bust.
I keep saying to the wife with all these banks going bust why can't it be the one who we have our mortgage with

·
Registered
102 Posts
You don't want a company to go broke you hold your mortgage with as you'd be expected to repay it in full within a certain time!
Sorry to hear about your problems Elliebird. Get on the phone to Ford and get them to kick some butt on your behalf. Tell them they sort the car out or you're cancelling and going elsewhere. Normally works

Can't understand companies who deal with people like they have with you. Do they think you'll just go away? Obviouslly you'll get more and more angry.

Good luck tomorrow

1 - 20 of 46 Posts