Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen anothe post on this but I have the same problem. Sometimes after setting the cruise control on it cuts out when you adjust the spped selected using + or - buttton. It won't work again until the engine has been switched off and re started.
The car was in for its 3 month check and they just said "it worked fine when we tried it" End of story as far as they are concerned !

I also have a problem with the trim on the right side of the drivers seat base coming off every time I get out the car. Again the dealer just put it back and said "we fixed it" it came off 5 minutes later !

I also need a tow bar fitted but the ford cost of £500 is outrageous. Any other options ?

Thanks PLCOOK

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
No replies so I thought I would have a go... I guess you mean the CC cuts out when the wheel buttons are used, so it won't control any more? If this is really the case and you haven't touched the brakes, it does sound like a faulty CC module. A couple of other CC faults were traced to the brake light switch staying on and this was blocking the CC, and this is why I mention it. It could be the clutch switch as well I supose, if this was used to cancel the CC. As for the seat trim panel, I don't have the same problem but I would insist that it's replaced at the same time they properly check the CC for you.

There are a couple of threads on the forum about alternative tow hooks, check them out using the 'search' option on the forum home page.

Good luck.Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great to find this post as I am having the same problem. It's done it to me twice already and I have only had the car a week.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I posted this a while back as I was having the same problem. Just has my 12,500 mile service and it happened when I demonstrated the issue to the service manager. Car is going back next week for this reason...will let you know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts