Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps.

Bought the 58 Tit Kuga last week and love it.....but was on my to work for nights and noticed that the steering wheel cruise buttons were not lit up.I would have thought hey should have been. Any ideas, whether they do or not.
Phill

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not on mine they don't. All you get is a green speedo light on the dash when active. I think there is another post on this somewhere.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, im glad.....all I want is to be bobbing it back already, the wife would do her nut.

Phill

·
Registered
155 Posts
yep, they dont light up. Bit dissappointing after the mondeo as they all lit up like a christmas tree, helped driving in the dark.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ford have done a bit of cost cutting here and despite requests for improvments on the cruise controls will not shift attitude . it seems the customer is always wrong!!
even when it was pointed out to thme that technology is about ( today on other cars) that give much better customer driving satisfaction when using cruise comtrols they will not discuss any changes or even talk about it.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Agree 100% hornchurchmale. As you may have read? I have written to Ford Re Trays and to be honest there response was poor to say the least, basically you sensedthe two fingers and the word "tough", think KugaNo pointed out how much Ford had actually lost recently, now the problem here is that the people who reside up in Ford's "Star Chamber" (Ceo's & Exec's ) will be saying and actually believe it's all down to this recession when really that's only half the story it's partly about Ford's disgraceful customer attitude the person from Ford Customer Relations Dept spoke tome asthough I was mentally ill, it was appalling and as you rightly pointed out there are too arrogant and stupid to listen. Moan over, feeling much better now. Bob.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
We al have to work somewhere and I'm not sure whether I have mentioned but Not All car dealers are the same (car manufacturers maybe) but my other half purchased a VW ( snarls of contempt?) but the salesman who sold her the car was a salesman previously but not in the motor trade he sold appartments andmillion plus penthouses (prior to the crash) that guy is a real blast of fresh air, he rings us every month/six weeksto find out if all is well and he hopes we are enjoying the car, now what's wrong with that?Perhaps this is what some car dealershipsneed,salesman who have never sold cars before? Two months and nothing from my Ford dealer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I must disagree when you say that the cruise control has not been lit for the past five years, the cruise on my 57 plate galaxy was, the dash looked like somthing from the space shuttle.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Ok let me qualify my previous statement by saying that my old 03 Focus Zetec, my 05 plated Mondeo Zetec and a 06 plated Focus Titanium and a temporary 08 Focus Zetec Sport whilst all having cruise control didn't have illuminated cc buttons.

Edited by: Gazwats

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the update gazwats but you did say fords, and these are lower spec fords against the ghia model galaxywhich have the illuminated cc buttons

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think its a safety feature, if you have to look down at night to see small buttons its a bit hazardous, don't take long to learn where the controls are evan at my age.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts