Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are quite a few posts re creaky seats in Mk1 Kuga's, but has anyone had issue with MK2 rear seats?
They do not have the same seat lock that Mk 1 does, so can't wrap felt tape round anything..

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and managed to fix?

Have tried spray greasing all moving parts / joints to no avail.

Cheers

Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
I know there are quite a few posts re creaky seats in Mk1 Kuga's, but has anyone had issue with MK2 rear seats?
They do not have the same seat lock that Mk 1 does, so can't wrap felt tape round anything..

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and managed to fix?

Have tried spray greasing all moving parts / joints to no avail.

Cheers
Welcome to the forum @BJE
How much do you weigh?
Just asking 馃憤

Registered
2015 TDCi 150 Zetec with all optional extras
Lubricating moving parts will only really be effective, if the seat creaks when the backrest is being tilted forward. Listen to see if the creaking is coming from the base, the backrest, or indistinguishable. If from the base, remove front base mounting bolts, and pivot the base upwards to diagnose the creaking.

A considerable amount of creaking is caused by rubbing of the leather itself, so I assume your seats may be leather. A common cause of creaking leather is where the bottom of the backrest and the back of the seat base meet. Or clothing rubbing on the seat.

Lay a cloth flat along the base, and tuck it into the gap, do not scrunch the cloth up, and make sure it goes in as far as possible.

Cover the seat entirely with a slippery type material.

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
Welcome to the forum @BJE . Can you please have a read here and update your signature with yours cars details. It will save you having to tell us what you have each time you wish to post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts