Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a strange one !! when i run my car from cold i can hear a crackling coming from under driver footwell area ! first i thought it was the speaker interfearance so swithed off stereo but still can hear it but goes after a short while .how do you explain to dealer this one..................think ive got a friday car lol

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
No replies so I thought I would ask if you discovered any more about this? Ford tend to put a fuel cut-off switch in the footwell area to cut the fuel supply to the engine compartment if there is an impact detected. Maybe this unit is making the noise when the ignition (and fuel pump) come on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
deano said:
this is a strange one !! when i run my car from cold i can hear a crackling coming from under driver footwell area ! first i thought it was the speaker interfearance so swithed off stereo but still can hear it but goes after a short while .how do you explain to dealer this one..................think ive got a friday car lol
does anyone know if there is some sort of speaker under the drivers dash because thats what it sounds like ! ive got bluetooth ! maybe its a speaker for that....

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
That is bizarre! Haven't got a noise like that although I have full leather seats and they tend to 'creak' when I am driving, if that makes sense? The only way I can describe it is a sort of farting noise which causes great hilarity when the whole family are aboard. Our 13 year old son always gets the blame for any mysterious sounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts