Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to all the bumpf that came with my Kuga, I should have "Courtesy Lights" - the headlightsshould stay on for 30 seconds after they are switched off so I can get in my house safely in the light!!!!
Ok then what am I doing wrong?????

I have tried this on several occasions & it doesn't happen!

I have a Titanium + Appearence pack, Xpack, & conveinience pack. (which includes the Xenon headlights)

I have left the light in the ON position & the AUTO position, but as soon as the power buttton is hit, the lights go out.

Has anybody else got theirs to stay on?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it's definately headlamp courtesy - see page 50 of handbook!
Did just what it said & no joy!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Did you try it yet? The headlamps must be in the auto position. Pull the headlamp/direction indicator stalk, as if you were going to flash you headlights, but with the engine off. It works on my Titanium with HIDs.

Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
77 Posts
My puddle lights on the door mirrors stay on for 30 seconds after I have locked the car.....

Also I thought the courtesy light was the ones in orange by the interior light that is on when driving?

·
Registered
49 Posts
To get the courtesy headlamps you have to turn the dial all the way to the left, so it past the off position. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hi Greeny,

Did exactly as Konan suggested, turned light dial all the way to the left and pulled stalk as though I wanted full beam, beams stayed on for 30 seconds, so it does work, I have to say I didn't know you could do this so I have learnt something.

I am SO sorry that you have fallen out of love with Doris, I know how proud you were of her at the beginning. It is such a shame that Ford have let you down in so many ways. I guess sometimes you just get a rogue car which is no comfort when you have spent a lot of money. I am pretty sure you and I have exactly the same spec/colour etc and apart from a few sillies I have had no real problem so I really feel for you.

Take care,

Sarah

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for that Sarah!
My husband says get it put right & you'll be happy again. I say get it put right & get rid of it, before something else goes wrong

I do still love driveing Doris, and I do feel the dogs do-da's when I'm behind the wheel, BUT I just can't bear to look at the carnage inside.

You'll like this one - according to the sales guy at my dealers, my carpet wears in the passenger footwell because QUOTE "I continually put my hand bag there" I'm not gonna tell u what my answer was i'll leave that to your imagination

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Cheeky b*****!

Ask him where he puts his handbag! Or suggest where he puts it! Glad to see you have still got your sense of humour after all you have had to put up with

Hope that this is the last of your probs,

Sarah

1 - 10 of 10 Posts