Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem?
Whenever I am asked what I drive and I say a Ford Kuga I get this wise nodding of the head and that sympathetic look and I know what they are thinking " That rather sad sporty thing that Ford brought out a few years ago" and I end up rabbiting on about what a fantastic new car it is and how it is nothing like they are thinking and have they seen the ad and its got all these gizmos and its had loads of rave reviews etc.

Or is it just me?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the exact same thing. Quite often, when I say I drive a Kuga, they ask if it's the V6 (ie the V6 Cougar). So I explain it's a new Ford "4x4" and I mainly get a puzzled expression in response, with them saying they didn't know Ford did a 4x4!

So Applematt, as the Ford man on the forum, pleeease explain why your masters, in their infinite wisdom, chose Kuga (with all its phonetic confusion-causing) as the name for their new baby!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had it too, I phoned Ford Insure to get cover on mine so it could be taxed by the dealer, & the guy on the phone informed me that my Cougar was a 2 door sports car, I corrected him on the spelling, but he was still none the wiser !

·
Registered
126 Posts
Believe or not Ford doesn't sell insurance, as it's actually Norwich Union you're talking too. Well it was until a week or so ago as they have changed over to another company.

·
Registered
77 Posts
When I was checking out ferry prices the other day, I noticed that the Kuga isn't in the the list of Fords but Cougar was. I blurted out "Ha Ha, they've spelt it wrong!" only to realise that the Cougar does exist. Doh!

**** sight cheaper though than the comparable Maverick (sort of anyway). Ferry charges extra for a taller car!

·
Registered
108 Posts
sprayaway... i havent a clue whyford went with this name - as it is confusing as we've all found out!

marketing for you

maybe its one of those non offensive names in any laguage - so the car can be sold any where without a name change????

why are pirates called pirates????

because they arrrrreeeee!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts