Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone beat this ?, Whilst car in for a service i had a quote - on a print out, for the change of Haldex oil and filter and the final drive lubricant (for which they would'nt charge the labour for the final drive, only the oil) = £480.00. this does NOT include any costs for servicing as it is on a service plan.!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow !!! I can buy a complete re con back axle for my MGB for less than that and i'm sure there is alot more work going into that.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Gosh, that's about a factor of ten out - the parts cost for a Haldex service is ~£48Maybe it includes the cost of a Ford employee flying in from Sweden on a private jet with the parts ...

as a comparison... for that price you could have 1.35 Kg of Silver

·
Registered
179 Posts
Or 48 bargain buckets ( 8 piece ) from KFC.

Ps. You could use the grease out of the chicken for the Haldex unit !! Win win i'd say.
Edited by: sildown

·
Registered
3,633 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may attempt it myself although on my haldex there seems to be a much larger flange (compared to the type fitted to the diesel version) from the input drive shaft that could prevent me removing the pump without withdrawing the driveshaft first so when the weather gets better will have it up on the ramps and a look at the manual on here for confirmation.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Is your Kuga MK1 or 2? Because MK2 has a different system and that is a bit bigger than Haldex.
Anyhow the flange comes off pretty easy. Take off the driveshaft bolts so you can muscle it away.
Then take an airgun and while holding the flange by hand, gently unscrew the nut.
Then gently tap the flange from behind on one side and then the other(180 degree apart).
That's it. Install is just reverse the process. That is if you do have a Haldex under your car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought the filter and a canister of Ford oil from my local dealer and had my friendly neighbourhood mechanic do the work.
All in it was £120 for parts and £50 labour.
I tried to contact Haldexparts.com for advice but they never responded to my enquiries so I went to the local Ford dealer instead.
Might have cost me more but the dealer was helpful and local and was physically someone I could return to in the event the filter was the wrong one.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, thanks, Yes for the advice Tarmo, i have a mk1 2011. its definitely a Haldex unit i have under there, i have identified the pump and the filter from crawling under and having a look and the parts on the Ford print out concur with what i looked up beforehand (though about double the price i found them for elsewhere)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had reason to visit Hendy Ford in West Quay, Southampton. I asked whether they could service the haldex unit and to my surprise they said yes and for £120 for parts and labour.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Had my Haldex recently serviced with Landrover badged filter & oil by Mark at AES in York for £107 parts & labour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts