Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Off topic but so have the rest of you..

I keep threatening to have all the radiators put on the outside of the house, wife has the central heating banging away but has all the upstairs windows open.

Went upstairs the other day and stubbed my toe On a frozen sock.

Ooh and by the way, that’s why I no longer mess about with, tinker, interfere with, calafudge, try to improve, or know better than the intended, researched and designed part.

I used to but it always cost more time, money and patience for no gain and a step backwards.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Off topic but so have the rest of you..

I keep threatening to have all the radiators put on the outside of the house, wife has the central heating banging away but has all the upstairs windows open.

Went upstairs the other day and stubbed my toe On a frozen sock.

Ooh and by the way, that’s why I no longer mess about with, tinker, interfere with, calafudge, try to improve, or know better than the intended, researched and designed part.

I used to but it always cost more time, money and patience for no gain and a step backwards.
There is a concept now to put insulation on the outside of a house instead of the inside so in theory the radiators may work but your washing will also get wet when it rains.

Maybe she has the windows open as it reminds her of the shops that have heat blowing where there are open doors.

It could be she thinks the best way of getting any covid germs out of the house is to have the windows open. I actually think it's in the air outside and best to keep the windows closed.

I wonder if @DogDeluxe has to Google calafudge or he may think you were reciting from the sound of music.

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Calafudge, lol. Another localism to the Yorkshire natives, God’s county of course.

Best take it easy using un-nationalised words, don’t want to cause any more confusion.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I forgot what the topic was. Something not working when going round a bend I think. That's a bit like me trying to fight with the software to get my old laptop performing so I can sell it. The sooner those boys at forscan write a proper system for Mac then I am going to ditch this windows piece of poo. No wonder BG sold MS as he was probably P'd off with at as well. I bet he has an iPhone, iPad and MacBook for personal use.

That big hammer is not far away and take blame away from the manufacturer now.

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
874 Posts
There is a concept now to put insulation on the outside of a house instead of the inside so in theory the radiators may work but your washing will also get wet when it rains.

Maybe she has the windows open as it reminds her of the shops that have heat blowing where there are open doors.

It could be she thinks the best way of getting any covid germs out of the house is to have the windows open. I actually think it's in the air outside and best to keep the windows closed.

I wonder if @DogDeluxe has to Google calafudge or he may think you were reciting from the sound of music.
I certainly did have to Google calafudge - never 'erd of it :LOL:

'Fudge' yes, as in a poor temporary fix, but never with a 'cala' prefix :unsure:

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
It's from the sound of music when they were rehearsing the song. Julie Andrews kept singing it wrong at first, hence the saying.

Super calafudge a listic

It was actually filmed on Yorkshire Moors so became another Yorkshire saying.

·
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You sure it's not Mary Poppins and you just spelt it wrong.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I was just testing you lol.

Calafudge was from Psshaw's post. Mary Poppins definitely wasn't filmed in Yorkshire.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I didn’t know it came from any film.

Heard it a lot of years ago and adopted it.

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
874 Posts
Both films have Julie Andrews in it, so that's a bonus regardless :LOL:

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Both films have Julie Andrews in it, so that's a bonus regardless :LOL:
Don't tell me you had to Google that as well.

I think Arthur was her best role lol. I know she didn't play Arthur. Just before anyone comments.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga MK2 2014 Titanium X Sport 4x4 2.0TDCI 180PS Manual Sync1
203 Posts
Today I said goodbye my cornering LED bulbs. I bought TUNGSRAM H7 +150 and also testing RCP D3S 6000K.
TUNGSRAM has good power, but if anyone looking for "xenon look" they are definitely not for you.
OEM OSRAM H7 gived definitely less light, but more than OSRAM Cool Blue Intense. Any halogen H7 I have under year before they burn.

Some pictures when LED was in:
20210116_174141.jpg 20210116_153139.jpg

RCP + TUNGSRAM
20210116_174932.jpg 20210116_174916.jpg

Attachments

·
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well my LED cornering lights were delivered today, can't wait to try them out. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Looks like they have had a rough journey to get to you.

Reactions: MaoVi

·
Kuga, Titanium X Sport 2016
326 Posts
Opps...... Seems you may need some strong glue for them..... 🙄🙄

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I had to zoom in to see they were broken. Can the name of the carrier be named. Hopefully wasn't the one who leave parcels in hedges and drop expensive laptops over 6' high gates !!

·
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I had to zoom in to see they were broken. Can the name of the carrier be named. Hopefully wasn't the one who leave parcels in hedges and drop expensive laptops over 6' high gates !!
Eh! did you have your eyes closed when you first looked??

It's one of them ham-fisted ones, Yodel!

They were supposed to be delivered last week, when I checked the tracking it said they had been 'Damaged in transit' so I messaged the UK impersonating Chinese seller and told them they had been damaged, only to get a nonsense reply asking me to wait a few more days! You know the one where they don't actually read what you sent them and just send you a reply that thanks you about 10 times and doesn't actually address the issue you've messaged them about!

Anyway, I've sent them another message and the pictures, so let's see what nonsense I get tomorrow.

Opps...... Seems you may need some strong glue for them..... 🙄🙄
They do actually go back together, the metal is a little bent out of shape. I know 1 of them works, it was raining and couldn't be bothered to test the other one but I tested the most damaged one.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts