Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys from south africa i have the 1.5 2015 model and my coolant liquid is draining into yhe car floors are wet etc and i have to keep toping up the fluid when i use heater what can i look at to fix this problem ( also i dont know what mk mine is this is my first ford so i have 0- none knowledge on the kuga ....
TIA

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
@pieterwynandventer Morning and welcome👍

Sounds like a leaking hose or the heater matrix(radiator) has sprung a leak. Either, sounds like a nightmare to do.

For me…..push the front seats right back.
Grab a torch and try your best to bend into the footwell and look up for the leaks.
Of course lift the hood and see if you can spot a leak on the bulkhead where the heater hose passes through.
If you use a coloured antifreeze, the leak may be easier to see.

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Heater matrix or pipe will be leaking........ Without pulling it apart to find the leak you will be only guessing which one it is but it will be one or the other. Not a easy fix if the matrix is leaking so find yourself a good garage that will be willing to pull the dash out.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,173 Posts
Heater matrix or pipe will be leaking........ Without pulling it apart to find the leak you will be only guessing which one it is but it will be one or the other. Not a easy fix if the matrix is leaking so find yourself a good garage that will be willing to pull the dash out.
Couple of eggs in the rad will sort that ;)

·
Mr. Happy. “Sweet Cheeks”
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
2,974 Posts
2 Slice's of lean back bacon, double sausage with 2 toast, sounds like a pefic breakfast davidoff :unsure:

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Sounds like someone needs feeding ..................

Get the pan out lads i will bring the eggs (y)

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
The last one i did was on a eclass merc and what a job that was ........ took almost 2 full days to get the dash out and another half day to split the heater box to swap it over...... not done another one since and wont no matter how many ££££££ are offered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts