Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are taking our Titanium with standard lights down towards the Pyrennees in June so I bought a set of Eurolites reflectors. There is no diagram for the Kuga and none of the generalised diagrams look right either. My best guess is that I should adopt the clear glass / twin reflector fitting although this says "Adapt the outer lights ONLY". For the Kuga the dipped lights appear to be the inner pair, apart from this the rest of the instructions make sense.

Can anyone confirm how to fit the reflectors to stay inside the law.

I would like to avoid the on-the-spot fines if possible.

Dave

·
Registered
34 Posts
I fitted mine using the generlised headlamp diagram 1.

I used the circle part only fittingit below to the right approx betwwen 7-8 oclock position when you line your eye up directly infront or the dipped beam bulb.

This worked OK for me, I did some night driving and had no problems blinding other drivers.

TBH I rarely see any Gendarmes so chances of being pulled is minimal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just about to pick up my Kuga and as a regular driver to France I like to put deflectors on headlamp protectors. Hence east to put on and off on chunnel and always done correctly (once set up) So does anyone know of easy to fit headlamp protectors out there?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone got any advice on this?? We will be taking our Kuga to France in early July. I've always used Eurolites, but of course, the fit chart isn't up to date.

high5grt: There is a zealous Gendarme near where we visit in the Rhone-Alp region who adores pulling over right-hand drive cars (and tourists in general) to check for "conformity". I just can't give them the satisfaction!!

We'll be using our motorway toll tag from Sanef for the first time too... I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I too will be visiting France in July and need to sort this issue.

Is it not possible to adjust the beam direction on the lamps themselves - some cars have a lever on the back of each lamp unit to switch the direction of beam to suit left-hand/right-hand drive countries.

Any thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts