Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
as a new KUGA owner and proud of it I was rather miffed at the way Ford UK dealt with my emails. I collected my KUGA in February this year (58 reg) it was a Titanium with all the extras (so I thought) on collection I asked the Agent where was the rear view camera fitted, he replied Ah this will only be fitted to 2009 models. No said I, I have a brochure from Fords saying it will be fitted in 2008. Not so said he. Will Ford be doing a retro fit then. I do not know replied the Agent.

So I sent of an email to FORD uk Customer service. no reply

I then sent an email to Ford UK Technical they replied as followed.

Dear Peter
Thank you for your email.
To obtain technical information about your vehicle, we suggest that you contact your local Ford Dealership for this information, or alternatively you can contact our Technical Team by telephone on 0906 5533447 (This is a premium rate number, charged at £1 per minute), or by post at:
Ford Technical Information Centre
P.O Box 300
Walsall
WS5 4QH.
Thank you for contacting us.

Yours sincerely

in other words clear off. As the Brochure belongs to FORD and not the Agent I think they could at least have had the courtesy to reply properly, as far as I am concerned they have been carrying out a bit of false advertising.

·
Registered
106 Posts
well pwg....im not surprised, fords customer care is rubbish...the kuga its self is good but if you do have a problem or a question ford is as much good as a chocolate fireguard

·
Registered
287 Posts
I thought the rear camera was only fitted as part of the premium system at an extra £1200? the one with a 7" screen and navigation panel. shows what I know and I work for the company..well I turn up most days anyway. If you have teh 7" display and NO camera its worth following up but I am surprisedyou were passed to the technical department it should have been customer services which isI believe at warley or brentwood!
your main dealer should be able to give you the address. maybe I should ask at my end and post it here?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
hornchurchmale said:
......  maybe I should ask  at my end and post it here?
That would be great, I have posted a couple of times on the forum about the missing camera, and have had no luck with my dealer or a reply from Fords CS team!
Please pass this forum site address to someone who should pay attention to what the customers are saying, and is in a position to do something about it!

Cheers, horny!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've never had the (mis) fortune of having to deal with Ford Customer Services, but sounds like a real pain...
I have heard though that in similar circumstances over spec of other Ford models they have 'referred' the complainant to the disclaimer on the back of the brochures that goes something like 'Ford continually improve services so if you don't get what it says in the brochure tough!!!!' so I can't see this ending well.

The brochure I have does say the camera WILL be available 2008 though

Good Luck

·
Registered
287 Posts
sadly teh last message is correct. it is a get out of jail free card, by impliying everything is always subject to change it can simply avoid all arguments and legal challenges will be thwarted easily.
the number I tried to get is no longer available withing our are ( ford dagenham) but i comes under heading of 'cuatomer assistance'. it deals mainly with technical queries and will (you may need to threaten a punch on nose to get it-joke by the way) but all dealers have an access number to Ford if pushes they can give it to you.

sadly like most Customers we take a brochure too much on face value. everybody needs to ask exactly what they are getting. eg : alloys? mats? bluetooth? radio ? CD ? etc and nopt assume as its shown in a brouchure it will have them on that model.

·
Registered
106 Posts
pwg if you are still getting no help from ford try smmt...the society of motor manufacturers and traders..tel number 08707518270....it is the governing body..( or should be) for the motor trade

1 - 9 of 9 Posts