Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else do this or do I need professional help?

If there is a space, I like topark next to CRVs, RAV 4s, X3sor any other similar cars and stand back and compare and admire my Kuga. My kids find it all rather embarrassing and walk away groaning. Is this normal? (My behaviour, not my kids!)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dear Championkuga,I thinkyour kids are the sane ones, I park my beast as far away from everyone else as I'm affraid I get DINKED!(have past experience of this)

Regards Graham
Edited by: the Bear

·
Registered
374 Posts
I join Graham, I find the furthest most unused space and use it, my wife helps me look for the special space, we both feel obsessed with our beast....

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I also park out of the way of mindless people. I park so far away from entrances to shops that my wife says we could get a bus from the space to the door? Maybe we should just get a bus in the first place and leave the Kuga safely at home for day to day stuff. Keeping the Kuga for fun driving not SHOPPING!!!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Brucekuga,totaly agree on that, I have a van that i use for work, and I usually nip in to asda's in that but I still park that well away from everyone else.

regards Graham

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a tendancy to park away from others, but on Monday I left the wife in a shop when I saw someone was about to park next to Winston. I do compare him to others, he's still the best and a beast.

p.s. no offence but you may wish to consider professional help.....i may join you.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your responses guys.
I take on board all your fears about door 'dinks' but work on the theory that hopefully all cars in our category are above such things. Having said that, I had a lovely dentwhacked into mydoor by a Range Rover on a week old car several years ago.
OK, it was a Peugeot 307SW but even that didn't deserve it and it was my pride and joy at the time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ahh! youve come a long way since then championkuga glad to see your more sofisticated in your mode of transport, but elegance does come with age
lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dont know if its just me, but I always park well away from others in car parks, but there is always someone parked right next to me when I return (despite a half empty car park).This could explain the 2 dents on my drivers side and the scratch on the passengers? [email protected]!*&%$rds

·
Registered
731 Posts
I do it too! Initially I wouldn't even park the Kuga in a carpark, left it at home and took the bus! But with regards scratches and the like, marks my Kuga picks up are from the shrubbery from the side of the road! Those lanes on Dartmoor can very narrow indeed!!!
ceebee, people just don't care any more, it's not their property. It makes me so mad.

I think the same thing happened to Championkuga too.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I always parked all the cars I have ever owned in acar space the furthest away from anyone in fact the verylast car space only to discover that some emptyhead with a 20 odd yr old rusty Austin Montego has not onlyparked right next to you but also within your carspace as well perhaps they are just really sad and lonely. There is no doubt that the Ford Kuga Is the most eyecatching (pseudo) 4X4 vehicles available today wo! wo! wo! apart from the Kia Soul (Lol) obviously. Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Oh No Kugace . . . . What colour is yours? Kugace problem is as I have mentioned previously all paints today are water based, no expert but I think that is the reason why the standard paint finish on todays vehicles is poor. Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry chaps, the paint on our Kuga's is waterbased basecoat (the layer under the clearcoat) and this has basically only a coloring effect. All of the other properties of chemical resistance, abrasion resistance and stone chip properties come from the very last clear coat layer only and has no bearing on waterbased paints in any way.
Ford use a very very good product in this area (my company) and I can tell you that this is 98% the same as every other car maker except BMW who have a special clear coat.

I view cars professionally with so called paint defects for warranty claims that are normally chips from flying stones (the same ones that smash glass and headlights on impact). Dents and scratches will happen and the darker the color the more visable the are.

After having 3 Silver cars I chose Chill for my Kuga, after six months and 10,000 miles no dings, some "normal" stone chips. and a brilliant gloss.

It is true to say that we have a thinner layer today but that helps towards lowering emmisions and keeping the vehicle weight down (to get our magic 39mpg)...

Dont wash with washing up liquid as this will remove all the surface protection, remove bird droppings when seen by soaking with wet kitchen roll for 10 minutes, wash with a premium wax shampoo and, keep hand-waxed as often as possible...wet wax is good after every wash and works well in between normal waxing.

Have fun

Backchat

·
Registered
385 Posts
bobuptown my kuga is sea grey,and i can see white where the scratches are,this is dispite having my latest kugadiamondbrite protection,my wife has my rav 4 and the paint work is a lot thicker and this is a water based paint on the car,i think it is just a very thin coat of paint,i donot put the car into a car wash always jet wash first to remove dirtthen shampoo not cheap stuff diamondbrite shampoo and every 2/3 weeks taken for a valet ilove the car but i get upset when i see the scratches.my other compaint is my drivers side mat has nearly worn through to the carpet

·
Registered
77 Posts
The worst car I have ever owned was a BMW 1 series, it was a magnet for being dinged in car parks by careless people. Freddie hasn't got a mark on him (touch wood) apart from one mark on the rear bumper where I dropped something on it but then again he can only go 35mph so not much chance of stone chips!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Freddie Kuga 35 mph? Stone chips No Chance On a flat road and a brisk tailwindmy wife ( how sexist is that )canprobablypushhim along at speeds of upto7/8mph Tops!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts