Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I met an oncoming car cutting a bend on my side of the road. I hit the brakes on a sand and gravel covering on the road, slowing down quickly with no slipping, then took to the sand to the left of the road. The Kuga just went where I pointed it and we rejoined the road after passing the dear old lady (my wife's description of her not mine!).

This was not what I had in mind as my first foray off-road but I was pleased with the safety features and computer performance, if not the other driver.

Dave

·
Registered
731 Posts
That must have been a bit 'hairy', it must have been the day for them, same thing happened to me on a roundabout, minus the sand and gravel.The horn works lovely, very loud!!!
. I do have a question though, how can a big black SUV be completely invisible!?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I expect the other drivers were so stunned by the Kuga's looks they just lost control of themselves!

Awwh, and another thing, my neighbours son and daughter are a young couple and they have askedthat when I sell my Kuga they can have first refusal as they love it so much as theycan't afford one.
They are hoping in 3 years I might want to change it but the way I feel about it at the moment not sure I can see that happening.
Edited by: championkuga

·
Registered
731 Posts
Great reply! I had the same problem with the C-Max, totally invisible!
The Kuga is definitely a keeper!!

Edited by: KugaCat

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ah.... that would be the stealth mode and cloaking device that is not mentioned in the handbook!...My previous Honda Civic had it as wellbut that looked like something out of Star Trek any way. Perhaps we should sponsor a new campaign .....Think KUGA!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Think once... think twice... think KUGA !!!!!!!!!!!! Great.

We should all be shown the respect we deserve by driving such a beauty!!!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Quite right too! Though after the drive I had today I think I should have ordered Bi-xenons for my Kuga, two sets!!!!! I think it must be silly season or something.

Driving along the A38 from Plymouth in the nearside lane with a slipway up ahead, two cars came down, and because there was me and anothercar almost side by side, the first car stopped on the slipway the second car however just decided to pull out from behind the stationary car straight into our path!
I could't go anywhere, how I didn't hit him god only knows. I was extremely thankful for disc brakes, ABS etc,I don't think I would have been sitting here now writing this post.
I'm sure we've all had experiences like that but it's not something I care to repeat.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I 'tested' the ESP, TC, ARP and all the other electronic gizmos the other day too! We have recently had a wet week here in Barcelonaland, but the Kuga is not phased at all. However, near where I live there are a couple of small roundabouts, which I normally zip round every day, no drama. But due to the heay rain and trucks which also use the road, the surface had started to break up and a big set of shallow holes had developed and were hiding under puddles, so not really visible at all. I entered the roundabout and the car started to get away, under-steer, as there was no road surface to grip! When back on the hard stuff the ESP and anti-roll systems started to work, really the first time I had noticed the judder effect, as the car was brought back under control and drove safely off the dodgy roundabout, missing the kerbs and such like. Great stuff!
Needless to say, I have been going round that corner a bit slower since then!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Experiences like that certainly getthe old ticker racing!! The ABS noise is alittle disconcerting, especially if you are not use to hearing it.
I was lucky in that the weather was dry and I was travelling in a straight line, I probably would have panicked if I were in your situation though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts