Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Colours have people ordered/bought?

I did not have a choice on the colour. The only Kuga available for me was "Chill", which was fine for me as for me I listed it or silver as a preferred colour. My Kuga (so I am told) will be in the garage on Monday.
and I cant wait.

I was just wondering what were the favorite/ least favorite colours?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have Avalon which right up until the day I picked it up caused me to doubt my choice as it doesn't look too good in the flyer but wasthere and I bought it, rather than make a choice.

I am SO glad that I ended up with it as the colour is fantastic, changes with the light - goes from blue to green to grey - love it!!

Was looking at black/Sea Grey but I think these are a little dark for the car, thought silver but had far too many silver cars in the past. Really wanted white metalic, but at £695 wouldn't have paid that - but will probably change mind when I see one - but seen a couple of other similar sized cars in white and wasn't sure as you can have too much white, smaller cars are fine (Golf GTI, Focus ST, Leon Cupra).

But on the whole I think that light colours suit the car well and show off the drug dealer windows, which are much darker than on any of my past cars, really well.

Only think I think is a must is the apperance pack - £400 for 18" wheels, windows and roof bars - bargain!!!

cheers

cornish

·
Registered
9 Posts
sea-grey ... pick it up friday 9am

titanium, 18-inch wheels, blue-tooth. pick it up friday & straight off to a wedding 2 hours drive away at 1pm .... perfect timing!

will post thoughts after the weekend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got call at lunch today.
My Kuga is in and I can collect on Friday too
. Going to garage after work today to see it. So will do some major spinning at weekend
. I have only seen one Chill colour so faralas from a distance. Looking forward to seeing it up close.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had a test drive in my actual Kuga today after work......
LOVED IT
... Short but good spin & I delighted with the colour & the drive. It needs to be registered & given plates.

It seems to change shade depending on the angle you look at it and in my opinion looks nothing like the configurator "Chill" which almost looks gold and also looks different to the Chill colour used in the brochure. Its looks silver/blue/olive/grey/gold all at once
but in a very nice way

Will take & post pics at weekend. I have only seen someone here post pics of a Panther black Kuga to date. Unless I just haven't seen the others.

(Edited 12pm 03/07/08) Just got call... collecting now at 4 pm today..... And I was thinking I wouldnt be able to sleep tonight for the thinking about getting it tomorrow!!!
Edited by: vinnie_cork

·
Registered
418 Posts
it's a pity that the brochure that they have for it doesn't give a better represention of the colours - especially on Chill/Avalon as the way they change depending on light is cool. Edited by: cornish

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have gone for Sea Grey Zetec withorangeinterior trim, Appearance Pack and parking sensors.

I agree the App pack is a must - the silver roof rails combined with the skid plates front and rear, plus the chrome trim on the window line all add a classy look.

IMO also, the Sea Grey contrasts nicely with all the silver accents.
Edited by: SprayAway

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm almost ready to order mine now!

One problem: Can't decide between Chill and Sea Grey!

Chill looks pretty classy but Sea Grey is understated and I've seen loads of grey cars these days. I had Sea Grey in mind for ages, but the brochure has some nice pics of Chill (I was tempted by Vision for a bit, but I think, although stunning, stands out too much!).

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Black with chrome trim and roof rails. DD windows. Watched husband drive around corner to our house the other night and it looks really big and mean. Hope It looks like that when I drive it and not girly or yummy mummy

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got the Panther Black, Titanium
Only ever seen black ones on the road so far!

I quite fancied the silver, but when I saw the black sparkle to gold in the sun -black it had to be.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks like black and sea grey are going to be the Kuga colour. My dealer who I'm waiting for mine for has one in Silver and it doesn't suit it all at in my opinion.
Big cars need big colours. Changed my black to vision after seeing one. It just shouted "look at me!"

·
Registered
260 Posts
Black for me also, with app pack.

But I might just hold off a little longer and see when the 2.5t is being released, as I think that would look really menacing in black!
Edited by: daisbuys

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ok... what about the salt and general winter cr*p that squirts all over ur pride & joy!? A dark colour looks great in the showroom, but the most practical colour is silver.... it aint white which shows up all the **** (white is too bland ne way). The darker colours you will end up washing, cleaning & waxing more often than u will be drving... the obsolete avalon is odd and the vision is'nt right...

The ideal comprimise is... "CHILL"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts