Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Been following the forum for a couple of weeks whilst making my mind up between the Kuga & a Tiguan ( I know , not much of a competition !! )
Can anyone help or advise on colour - my choices would be either Black , Electric White or Silver - I would be especially interested in seeing one in Electric White if anyone is passing / near Peterborough at any time....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Evans Halshaw Ford in Bedford have an Electric White in the showroom at the moment. Looks very nice - slight blue tint to it, but you can't tell it's metallic until you get very close.

I wasn't brave enough to go for white, and already have a black car and fancied a change, so went for silver.
Edited by: KugaNo

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.....or even a decent photo of one in Electric White ? The other half has seen one & thinks the colour is brilliant .....

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks KugaNo - I will be passing back through Bedford on Monday - I will call in.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KugaNo - Have you got your Silver one yet??

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Electric White kuga looks great in the show room but seen one on the road and it looks a pale blue . i was going for that colourbut in the end got the black. at the end of the day go for the colour that makes you happy .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not yet. Ordered it in late July (thru Drivethedeal), and got a call from dealer today to say it's being built next week and I should get it end of Sept (fingers crossed).

I went for the 19" alloys too (plus appearance pack, bluetooth USBetc), but haven't seen the wheels in the flesh yet !

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help - hope you dont have to wait any longer than necessary - we have two black cars now ( civic & yaris ) so I fancy a change , but previous car was moondust silver ..... decisions decisions.

Ps - how did you get on with Drive the Deal - seriously thinking of ordering mine through them...

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Mrs saw one at her Gym & reckoned it looked a dull silver ( it was getting dark though )

·
Registered
11 Posts
We collected our KUGA a couple of days ago. We decided on Frozen White because we found that Electric White looked more likelight blue which looked a bit strange. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

We did research into the colour and it appears that white is the new black. Most sport manufactures seem to be opting for white eg Audi, Porsche etc the list goes on.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks mjk - until I see the **** colour in the flesh ( as the dealer sample was a bit pathetic ) I cant make up my mind - did see a frozen white Kuga on the M1 near Sheffield on Saturday and it did look very good - I would just be afraid that I would be washing it every other day !!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Rampman, White does seem to be getting and morepopular again, Frozen White is the solidbase colour, and Electric White (£725)is the pearlescentnow because Electric White is pearlescentI thought that had a slight blue hue to it? Electric White to be fair does look very classy.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi bobuptown ( I wont mention the trays !!!! ) - my civic is a black pearlescent & that has a slight blue ' fleck ' in it ( only visible in really bright sunshine ) - the sample the dealer showed me looked to have a silver hue ( which would explain the Mrs' sighting ) - again , till I see it in the flesh Im stumped to the decision....

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Rampman, Had an FRV in Nighthawk Black brilliant car (2.2 Diesel)awful, awful paintwork in terms of swirls/mattas bad asVauxhall, but I saw a bronze hue in Nighthawk Black? the quality of paint in my opinion has deteriorated probably becausemost/all? are now water based. Must admit the solid non metalic Frozen white does look good and verybright (when clean obviously) the Electric White's pricewas a shocker (see what I did there?)but £725 is afair few items fromthe Fordoptions list. Try some other Ford dealers not sure where you reside? but there are about half a dozen inmy locale, and even if they don't have a Kuga in that colour they may have say a Mondeo Ka or Fiesta.Colour is really important and those colour dome things they show you are just a joke. Good luck in search of your Kuga.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks bobuptown - kugano pointed me to EH in Bedford ( going Monday ) once I have seen the ' shocking ' colour then decision time ......
( Will be ordering 2wd Titanium )- and then cant wait for the families early Xmas present.
PS - civic ( 2.2 Diesel ) 3 years old - paintwork is still immaculate .

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Rampman, 2.2 Ctdi was sweet when new, but turned into a bit of a howler as time went on. I kind of guessed your Civic was one of those Shiny! . . Shiny ones the Civic has a cult following, where as the FRV well . . . it's an acquired taste but served us well, odd isn't it how something can be amazing when you buy it and a year or two down the line Oh what an ugly front, hey Rampman, steady . . . I did write Front.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bobuptown / KugaNo - finally seen it in Electric White ( Ford Dealer in Thrapston ) looks absolutely fantastic imo so thats the colour sorted out !! It had the 19" Alloys as well - looked really good - they are shiny ( brighter than I remember the standard 17" ones ) - would suggest that you get them really well waxed to keep them looking pristine - it certainly worked on the Alloys on my Civic. Will drop a new post once ordered as the Mrs wants me to look at a house tomorrow .....

·
Registered
855 Posts
I had the same dilema white or silver opted for silver ,because white may be the in color at the moment but will it be in a year or 2 s time where silver is more consistant considering resale value .......

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Rampman, Ching, good on yer another Kuga on the roadfor others to drool over, Frozen White you musthave some casheh!! £725 After I picked mine up there were two (fleet) Kuga's in Electric White. Rampman, I'minterested in the alloy wheel wax protection tip. Hear what you say suv, but it's one of those where the heart rules the head I'm afaidand to be honest the dealer will try everything to knock £100's off your car during trade anyway in my experience, if it's not "Oohh now that's a dodgy colour" even if it's Silver (I hate silver)Don't you worry coshe will find some scratch or blemishmarked interior etc etc to reduce your PX . . . guaranteed. Regards. Bob.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts