Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
New Super Mod Aka Mr Gibberish.
3,891 Posts
Ok. I take it you are letting the glow plugs warm before starting.
look at the dash and when the yellow twirly emblem goes out then start.

·
Registered
Ford kuga 2015 titanium X 150 remapped to 190 in absolute black
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok. I take it you are letting the glow plugs warm before starting.
look at the dash and when the yellow twirly emblem goes out then start.
Yeah been driving diesels for 10 years 👍🏻 It spins over fast but just doesn’t fire straight away

·
Registered
Premium White 2018 Kuga ST 183BHP Auto 4x4
434 Posts
Glow plugs are buried in engine, if you get to loom from glowplug relay you could do a resistance check across each plug before stripping engine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Glow plugs are buried in engine, if you get to loom from glowplug relay you could do a resistance check across each plug before stripping engine.
Just got a quote for £130 fitted 👍🏻 It’s odd once it’s had its first fire it’s bang on for the rest of the day no missing or smoke mpg in about right it’s just the cold start which is better now with the new battery 😀

·
New Super Mod Aka Mr Gibberish.
3,891 Posts
I watched a video on changing them yesterday……wow what a nightmare.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Just got a quote for £130 fitted 👍🏻 It’s odd once it’s had its first fire it’s bang on for the rest of the day no missing or smoke mpg in about right it’s just the cold start which is better now with the new battery 😀
If that is for four good quality glow plugs fitted, I would consider that unless you can not afford to pay someone. I would expect the glow plugs to cost around £40-50 for Bosch , Fords are around £80.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If that is for four good quality glow plugs fitted, I would consider that unless you can not afford to pay someone. I would expect the glow plugs to cost around £40-50 for Bosch , Fords are around £80.
Yes good quality ones 👍🏻 I did ask Bosch ngk or denso they use

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I can get Bosch one for £52 delivered and £75 fitted both workout the same price bar £3 lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
I can get Bosch one for £52 delivered and £75 fitted both workout the same price bar £3 lol
Fords use NGK the part no I used was AV6Q 6M090 BB thats a ford no my engine was a DW10. NGK no Y8001AS 5V K18 MA 9683195280,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Wood Slope Line Motor vehicle Asphalt
Right just got back from garage had 4 new glow plugs fitted he tested all 4 and 2 are breaking down so hopefully this will fix the cold start issue

21 - 33 of 33 Posts