Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Premium White 2018 Kuga ST 183BHP Auto 4x4
I think it Ford just using cheap batteries so time for an upgrade. My old car has agm battery and that was 8 years old and worked great in the cold 馃憤馃徎
Fords do not use cheap battery they use Varta, When you change battery you need to use a like for like If you have stop start I think you should use EFB type not AGM.
[/QUOTE]

Registered
If you look on Varta site put in your reg it will given you a choice of battery that will fit into battery tray. I think that you can get a higher crank battery that will suit. There is also a point that Fords make if you have a silver calcium battery you must replace the same, if you buy into that, and as I said Fords fit Varta battery.

Registered
Glow plugs are buried in engine, if you get to loom from glowplug relay you could do a resistance check across each plug before stripping engine.

Registered
Just got a quote for 拢130 fitted 馃憤馃徎 It鈥檚 odd once it鈥檚 had its first fire it鈥檚 bang on for the rest of the day no missing or smoke mpg in about right it鈥檚 just the cold start which is better now with the new battery 馃榾
If that is for four good quality glow plugs fitted, I would consider that unless you can not afford to pay someone. I would expect the glow plugs to cost around 拢40-50 for Bosch , Fords are around 拢80.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts