Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I have for sale a Kuga code:red unit for sale, it is simply a code red hand set complete with a memory card in a box, no instructions as you simply plug in the USB cable and the instructions tell you what to do on the handset, it takes no longer than four minutes and noticeable the instant you drive the car, the torqueis unbelieveable andthe average fuel consumption readout rises daily due to the additional torque. Please see figures from codeProfile Automotive below. You will have to contact them for advise as they may have to upgrade the memory card for your car at a small cost, contact Gary on: 0161 406 9797, if you don't buy this unit then I am sure he will be able to help you out with a new one. I want 255 pounds for it and will not accept any offers below this, purchase price was near on 700 pounds when bought through Archers of Ashby.

email: [email protected]

Code:Red Handset & Software for Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI
<a href="http://www.code-red-chiptuning.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p77_Code-Red-Modultuning-Stufe-2-fuer-Ford-Focus-ST-225.html&XTCsid=581ed604475dce618aad9b337ba1e176" target="_blank">
</A>
performance data standart:
<DIV align=center>

<DIV align=center>

<DIV align=center>136 BHP (100 KW) with 320 NM

<DIV align=center>

<DIV align=center>

<DIV align=center>

<DIV align=center>performance data Code:Red:

<DIV align=center>

<DIV align=center>

<DIV align=center>180 BHP (132 KW) with 403 NM

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry I have no idea, I will try and phone Gary tomorrow and find out for you.

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
140 pounds is the cost.

250 & 5 postage

395, still cheap for a quality piece of kit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pay day on the 15th so I'll wait til then a see what the funds are like. £395 is not bad for the kit but depends if it's worth more than the cost of superchips remap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The suppliers of code:red are listed below, may be worth asking all if they can do a better deal than the 140 pounds quoted from Profile Automotive.

Profile Automotive
- <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><ST1:CITY u1:st="on"><ST1:pLACE u1:st="on">Manchester</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> -
0161 406 9797
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Rufus Carr Ford ""“ Clitheroe - 01200 422 173
Sandicliffe Ford - Stapleford - 0115 939 5000
Torque of the Devil ""“ Uxbridge - 01895 206777

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello all

This unit is still for sale, if nobody is interested on the forum I'll put it on e-bay this week,,,,,,any offers please e-mail me now :)

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
446 Posts
Do you have any idea of approx difference in insurance premium when fitted.

Edited by: BigGeord

·
Registered
153 Posts
Insurance for performance upgrades varies a lot across companies and across vehicles. I've had many cars mapped again and the insurance often works in hp gains like upto 10%, 10-20% etc, depends on the insurer. Typically on a 10% gain I usually pay maybe another £60-100 per year, although that has always been on high performance jap saloons, maybe a deiael upgrade would be lower?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'll be interested what Admiral say, I'm with them and have my eye on the Bluefin mapping unit once it's available for the Kuga.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Rang Admiral this morning and they said that thay would only insure chips which give an increase of between 11-25% Therefore a Max BHP would be approx 169. It would cost me an extra £111 a year on top of my premium.

They do not insure the code red as this is above their 25%.

The price differs though from policy to policy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.