Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Picked up my wife's new Kuga at the weekend and very please with it.

Titanium 2WD, Appearance pack and Blue Tooth in Electric white.

Will be swapping the 17" wheels for some aftermarket 19" later this week, I'll post pictures after that.

I have one question; the clutch peddle seems to have a very long travel. The peddle seems to be about 1 1/2" higher that all the other pedals and the last two inches of travel (when letting the clutch up) seem to have no effect on operating the clutch.

The last inch also seems to "spring" up with some force.
Is this normal for a Kuga?

My wife's previous car was a 2008 Focus ST2 and the clutch on this was much nicer to use.

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on Chaps, 47 people have viewed this topic and no one has passed comment. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I'm just trying to find out if there is something wrong with my clutch peddle or I'm just being fussy.

I found this in a review on the web yesterday, so I presume they are all the same:

<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">However, for me, that is not what I really disliked about this car. Having driven dozens of Fords over the years - and owned six of them - what really shocked me was how inconsistent a feel there was between the foot pedals. The accelerator was fine, diesel norm, the brake pedal wooden and a little stiff, but this car had quite the worst clutch action that I have ever experienced.

Maybe there was something wrong with this particular car - but being a hand picked Ford fleet demonstrator I am unable to give it the benefit of the doubt. The first half of the clutch travel was conventional enough; it then travelled beyond the conventional arc, heading UP towards the steering column, accompanying this unusual travel was a nasty squeak too - that on a car barely run in! Difficult to describe the feeling of that clutch movement here, but it was certainly very unnatural and very uncomfortable to operate[/I]<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">.[/I]<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">[/I]

·
Administrator
2,975 Posts
hatchn said:
Come on Chaps, 47 people have viewed this topic and no one has passed comment. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
I'm just trying to find out if there is something wrong with my clutch peddle or I'm just being fussy........................
Well I'm one of the 47 viewers but my Kuga hasn't arrived yet so it's utterly pointless in my passing of comment. This small forum has plenty of folks who are potential buyers of a Kuga as well as actual owners, so I think it's safe to say that that not all 47 views are from owners.
Anyway I'm sureyou'll get an owner along shortly with their views.

Out of interest how different is the travel on your clutchcompared with the Kugayou test drove?
Edited by: Gazwats

·
Administrator
2,975 Posts

·
Administrator
2,975 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Gazwats, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thanks for your replies, I'm sure my clutch peddle is much higher then the break peddle and not "almost" in line like the ones in the pictures.

I'll have a scrabble around in the foot well tonight and take a closer look.

I'm still interested to hear the thought of existing Kuga owners.

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi hatchn , i have viewed your concern too but forgot to look!!! Unfortunately my wife normally drives the Kuga whilst i get a Ka. Must say without looking that i havent noticed anything stange about it. will have a look later when she gets back from the gym.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've not checked mine but it feels as I would expect, I'm not driving it and thinking it feels obviously wrong or badly placed/positioned.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi

I too had to go test it to make sure it was ok before i could make any comment on here. I've only had my Kuga a few days and the clutch seems to be normal, no 'spring up' or strange biting point which on mine is about half way. It all appears to be smooth and have had no cause to think that something might not be quite right. Will obviously keep an eye on it. Hope this helps.

Graham

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi hatchn, have been out and about today in my Kuga and after reading your post I paid particular attention to the clutch travel, I really think,sorry if I'm stating the obvious, your Kuga needs to go back to the dealer, it doesn't seem right to me.I know on some Fords the height of the peddles can be adjusted but not sure which ones, I certainly think there is something wrong. Is the car 'jerky' when it engages? I'm no expert in these matters. I had a car(non-Ford) that was so horrible to drive because of the clutch I got rid it. Good Luck with it and I hope it gets sorted very soon.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi hatchn, just got back from a drive in Kugaand found the clutch to be about 1/2 " above the brake pedal. the pedal does spring up slightly after about 3/4 upwards movment but nothing seems wrong and it drives perfectly. Looking forwards to driving my poxy Ka to work tomorrow.. NOT!!! From climate control and DABto manual windows and wheeltrims... argghhh.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just read your post
My 09 AWD clutch works after about 1 inch of travel from the floor thought this was normal but dont like it, might ring dealer. Dont think the demo i tried was like it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I too have been out and driven/looked at my clutch pedal and the travel. It is slightly higher than the brake pedal, maybe 3/4 inch at most but it feels completely normal to me and doesn't provide anything that feels like additional force or spring as it is returning to the top.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If it'f of any help at all, mine are roughly in line, just like the pictures. Sound like a return visit to the dealer. Good Luck.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I had a look at mine and noticed that the Brake pedal is slightly higher than the Accelerator and the Clutch is slightly higher again than the Brake pedal,,,Strange but I have got used to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts