Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem, on my 09 Kuga which I purchased in April this year, whilst stuck in a traffic jam on a hill yesterday, pushed the clutch in and it stayed in. I finally managed to get my toe under it and forced it up and was then able to change gear OK.

To cut a long story short the workshop foreman at the deallers said apparently there is a known problem with the Mondeo Clutch master cylinder that when it gets over hot the seal expands thus causing the cylinder to trap fluid. he did say that it can be caused by as little as having the heaters on angled down towards your feet as the heater is directly above the clutch pedal

Great design flaw from Ford. Anyway it is being changed out today under warranty, so fingers crossed it does not happen again. Apart from that its been a great car and my wife who drives it the most says its been a godsend in the currrent weather and road conditions.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.