Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Kuga for approx 5 Months, with 4500 miles, the clutch has failed, Clutch pedal goes straignt to the ground andsomeleaking Hydraulicfluid. Happened just as I approachedthe Wrynose pass in Cumbria, Ford dealer are currently investigating the problem, has anyone else experienced similar failures.

On investigation by Ford Dealer, Slave Cylinder had failed, in addition they also found aleak from the Gear Box. Because of the Oil contamination they also had to replace the clutch plates. They could not explain why the slave cylinder had failed, adding that this was the first Kuga they had seen this problem on. I hope this is the case...
Edited by: glavinwg

·
Registered
106 Posts
sounds like the master cylinder has given up the ghost.....just make sure ford doesnt try and wriggle out of it....its a warranty issue, no matter what they say....shouldnt be any investigation they should just repair it...keep us all updated how you get on

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem, on my 09 Kuga which I purchased in April this year, whilst stuck in a traffic jam on a hill yesterday, pushed the clutch in and it stayed in. I finally managed to get my toe under it and forced it up and was then able to change gear OK.

To cut a long story short the workshop foreman at the deallers said apparently there is a known problem with the Mondeo Clutch master cylinder that when it gets over hot the seal expands thus causing the cylinder to trap fluid. he did say that it can be caused by as little as having the heaters on angled down towards your feet as the heater is directly above the clutch pedal

Great design flaw from Ford. Anyway it is being changed out today under warranty, so fingers crossed it does not happen again. Apart from that its been a great car and my wife who drives it the most says its been a godsend in the currrent weather and road conditions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We had similar problem with master cylinder being replaced at garage under warranty,gearbox out,no car for 3 days. This was after they said no problem could be found and its a delicate system so usage of the fluid could be system just settling. Aye right ! Ok now .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep, can agree with all of the above, failed twice and had to lift clutch with foot. She went in 2 weeks ago and was returned as Fixed, was told that the Master Clutch Cylinder was on the point of Failing, was not impressed
, have been complaining that it has not felt right from Day one.
Went to leave the forecourt and DEAD, would not start, on closer inspection, the garage had failed to put the microswitches back behind the pedal.

Anyway just clocked up 20k miles and just coming up to a year old 47.5mpg average. Apart from this hicup, am pleased as punch

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks for the link, I'll go invesigate tommorow and see if I can see anything leaking.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
If it's fly wheel or dmf as also known mine went and was coverd by ford thank god not a easy job tho as box it droped to get near it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can today (10/06/11) confirm that this issue is also prevalant on the new mondeo, having experienced a failure on my 10 plate mondeo tdci 2 litre. The car has only completed 17k miles, slave cylinder has failed, ford (Blackburn) reporting a delay of at least 5 days including weekend to repair due to having no parts, when Evans Halshaw was asked whether this has happened before I was told no, not really, why do ford let themselves down with their after sales care?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts