Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
kuga 2.0 lit 2015 ruby red.
35 Posts
i'm getting the same problem you press clutch down change gear release pedal and only returns slightly have to put toe under and push up. the clutch not slipping and it drives away its only ocaisionaly happens. think im going change car soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
well decided mines going in for a check this week as it is sticking more now, and i noticed what seems like light oil on the top/spring area of the pedal, when pedal down it drives no clutch slipping, and can change gear, so could be having to drop transmission to get to slave, might replace the battery while its out just incase as thats 4 years old, last one i had no warning it just died. so will see what the rough cost will be then decide. still cheaper than swapping cars i suppose, as i am happy with it, its a 2.0 tdci 180 4x4, 2015. ruby red. 54000mls.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the brake fluid in engine compartment seems full, no leaks on pipework, it goes in for diagnostic on weds and then will know better. its not the sort of job i will tackle on my drive, why build a slave inside the bell housing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yes ive seen that when the problem first started, it used to be occasional but its getting regular now so needs sorting, its the sort of fault one can put up with but when it happened when i was reversing uphill on a slight bend you cant use the clutch to control the car. will let everyone know when its been diagnosed and if price is ok it will be booked in for end january,

·
Registered
35 Posts
diagnostic is a new slave/and clutch due to contamination of fluid, replacing battery while the old ones out, a car supplied to run around while mines in dock total £1100. this is at a local ford dealers nr me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
MaoVi, if i could go to a independent garage i would do, the only garage near me is a ford/suzuki dealers, my nearest next garage is over a hour away, so would be a two hour travelling time plus waiting to be seen also another two hours + for them to check it in first place, plus adding another 300 miles on clock and fuel costs, we live in the sticks where pretty much everything is scarce its the price i have to pay for having quality of life, no where have i mentioned contaminated fluid its the clutch that will have a light coating on if the slave leaks ( bit of luck that might be ok they give the worse news just in case) they are swapping battery while its out but it wont be a ford one, as had mine in for three and half years, so doing it to save it packing up later, ( my van battery lasted 18 months and had a 3 year warranty,) took it back and was told they have now stopped 3 yrs and only offer 2yrs warranty because of the stop/start system, and the amount of returns. we will see what the outcome is as i have booked the kuga in towards end of january and i will update then. best wishes to everyone for 2022.

·
Registered
35 Posts
devilish yes thats all thats being done, its the friction plate thats being renewed. theres no clutch judder at all, i am happy with the car so will keep it now i have to pay to fix it. having watched youtube about a american doing the gearbox removal of the ford escape ( american kuga) theres no way i would attempt it on my drive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
it is maintained by the dealership, its got FSH even got the mot done when we were in lockdown 2020, i only average 5000 a year in it, as i had a van for general running about but sold it when got my pension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.