Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,304 Posts
I have read this before but I cannot recall what’s the answer was.
Try searching in the blank search bar at the top of the page.

·
Registered
Mk3 Titainium 1st Ed, Lucid Red 1.5 Diesel
625 Posts
Hi guys and gals ,anybody had an issue with clutch pedal staying down occasionally.
Check the clutch return spring is intact and secured to the pedal and to it’s anchor point.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,050 Posts
It could be the short piece of hydraulic pipe which goes to the slave cylinder. As proved by our favourite taxi mechanic.

See here, post #12 Stuck clutch pedal.

Reactions: MaoVi

·
Super Moderator
6,304 Posts
Yes. The clutch is open and there is no drive.

unless there is a fault. Useless when there is a fault there is less resistance when pushed.

·
Registered
2020 Kuga ST Line 1.5 EcoBoost
29 Posts
New clutch master cylinder is required.
Approx £80 from Ford, comes as an entire pedal assembly.

A friend had one changed on his car. Check the plunger from the pedal into the master cylinder isn't damp, if it is then a new one is required.
Total cost from Ford was <£200, fortunately his was under warranty still.

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,147 Posts
It might be something simply like clutch master cylinder needs bleeding. You should try to replace brake fluid in clutch then looking for other issues if doesn't help.

·
Registered
kuga 2.0 lit 2015 ruby red.
37 Posts
i'm getting the same problem you press clutch down change gear release pedal and only returns slightly have to put toe under and push up. the clutch not slipping and it drives away its only ocaisionaly happens. think im going change car soon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
well decided mines going in for a check this week as it is sticking more now, and i noticed what seems like light oil on the top/spring area of the pedal, when pedal down it drives no clutch slipping, and can change gear, so could be having to drop transmission to get to slave, might replace the battery while its out just incase as thats 4 years old, last one i had no warning it just died. so will see what the rough cost will be then decide. still cheaper than swapping cars i suppose, as i am happy with it, its a 2.0 tdci 180 4x4, 2015. ruby red. 54000mls.

·
Mr Modification
1,147 Posts
@kbdecor55 You may have bleed clutch. If you find a brake fluid on clutch pedal that's mean your brake / clutch system is not closed and somewhere you loose fluid. The first symptom is clutch pedal not coming back. Do you have got lost in brake fluid in reservoir?
It might be master cylinder but closer look from top of bonnet might expose different issue. There is brake line what is just push fit to master cylinder, also bleeder valve is plastic made. I will take air box off and take a look what is happening there. As you know if you remove battery for replacement, you will have great look to all components.

·
Registered
37 Posts
the brake fluid in engine compartment seems full, no leaks on pipework, it goes in for diagnostic on weds and then will know better. its not the sort of job i will tackle on my drive, why build a slave inside the bell housing.

·
Mr Modification
1,147 Posts
Let us know what was the issue if they find it

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,050 Posts
@kbdecor55 - have you seen the video posted by Alan Howatt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yes ive seen that when the problem first started, it used to be occasional but its getting regular now so needs sorting, its the sort of fault one can put up with but when it happened when i was reversing uphill on a slight bend you cant use the clutch to control the car. will let everyone know when its been diagnosed and if price is ok it will be booked in for end january,

·
Registered
37 Posts
diagnostic is a new slave/and clutch due to contamination of fluid, replacing battery while the old ones out, a car supplied to run around while mines in dock total £1100. this is at a local ford dealers nr me.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,533 Posts
@kbdecor55

Why not pop over to our Newbies Section and introduce yourself, while you’re there, you can read the Site Rules and fill out your car model in your signature. It helps us when answering your questions and saves you having to type it in all the time. Details can be found here…………Announcement - Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

·
Mr Modification
1,147 Posts
diagnostic is a new slave/and clutch due to contamination of fluid, replacing battery while the old ones out, a car supplied to run around while mines in dock total £1100. this is at a local ford dealers nr me.
That's hurt. Might be cheaper option to find other reputable independent garage than Ford.

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Super Moderator
6,304 Posts
Yeah I agree but it depends on the age. Of course you may get a call saying the flywheel is also kaput!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.