Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

My husband and I picked up our new Kuga last week and we love it!!!

However, I have noticed that the clutch clicks when I release it. I can hear the click and can feel it. My husband seems to release the clutch quicker than me, and so he does not hear the click, although he feels that the gear change is fierce, and that the gear change is jumpy as a result.

Has anyone else experience a potential clutch problem, and if so, how was it resolved?

It maybe that it's new and needs to be worn in, however, I'm a bit sceptical and have never experienced this with a new car before...

Many thanks,

Jacqui

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Jacqui5634 Had Kuga since July 18th and had one or two niggles, DAB radio cutting out and boot not closing properly needs slamming resulting in int boot light staying on draining batterybut not heard any clicking clutch only mechanicalthing I have noticed is how close the gears are compared to previous vehicle but getting used to it now. Bob.

·
Registered
374 Posts
sounds like it may be something catching on the pedal in the footwell?? I would call in at Ford dealer and ask technicians to investigate....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bobuptown. Drove it today and it's not so much clicking, more like creaking! Will drive it over the next few days and may take it back to the dealer for them to look at it, as the clutch may not be covered under warranty!!! Hope your own tech issues are now sorted?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Jacqui,
As your car is new then the clutch should be covered because it will not be down to wear & tear. Warranties generally do not cover the clutch for wear and tear after you have had the vehicle longer but if there is a problem with it, it is a fault and not a warranty issue. You should take it to the dealer if the noise persists.

·
Registered
155 Posts
my wifes fiesta had a creaking clutch, told ford to fix it at the last service. Just needed greasing and now is fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just a thought - are you sure it's not your seat.

I get this and thought it was the clutch at first.

When you presse the clutch in and out it obviously pushes and releases your weight against the seat back. When I do it I quite often get a slight creak / click. Hence you get the noise only when you use the clutch

My hearing is not great so I have difficulty pinpointing the source of sounds.

I assume if you can probably do so better than me - but as I said, just a thought.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bobuptown, my boot didn't shut properly either, got the dealer to check it when it was in for the brake thingy. Now I can shut it with ease. I'd get your dealer to take a look, but I recommend you show them.... my dealer had to ring me back to explain the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My clutch has a distinct click to it as well, i presumed it was some sensor switch on the pedal. It is annoying but not nearly as bad as the whine i am getting at between 10 - 30 mph, sounds like a person running their finger around a wine glass. its driving me mad. Its been back to the dealer twice but so far no success in locating the sound.< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref">

·
Registered
138 Posts
Bugsywabit,

Funny you should talk about a wine glass type ring. On my AWD when I inadvertently leave it in too high a gear like when slowing to enter a village, the transmisison produces a wine glass rim rub type whine too. It disappears as soon as I notice and change down but it is very reliable and I could probably produce it intentionally no problem. Wondering if it's a sign of stress int he box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could be gearbox, but on mine it sounds much more like somthing binding on something in the drive train, and annoyingly when it rains it disapears as if its being lubricated.
I'm sure the dealers think im making it up but i did manage to get it to occur consistently when I had one of the technicians in the car. So far they have had it for a total of four days and each time say its gone, but you guessed, it isnt. VERY annoying !!. Incidentally mine is only a 2wd as i'm a cheapskate !. One of my mates suggested it could be my wife whining, so I could try changing my wife !! .I'll keep you posted if ever they track it down, otherwise im going to try driving the car through an oil slick!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts