Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From starting ignition I have noticed a loud clunk noise coming from the front of the car when reaching 15 miles per hour in either neutral, first or second gear. I can hear it clearly and also feel it through the accelerator pedal. The dealer had it for 2 days and said it was the ABS resetting its self??? Never in my life have I heard such a noise from a brand new car. It only does it from initial ignition switch on, not when stopped at lights or junctions and then reaching 15 mph, only from starting car ignition. I test drove 3 Kugas and never heard this noice once. Has anyone had this clunking in their Kuga?

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
It happens on mine (Zetec) and also on two of my mates Kugas (Titaniums), I can't remember which thread it was but it's been mentioned on here before and is a common occurrence on the K the dealer's correct it's the ABS

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yep, it's the ABS doing a self check, it will only do it the first time you reach about 12-15mph until you switch the engine off and then back on again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ah, an explanation at last.
I experience this in the same way, although I would not call it loud or concerning. I had not been worried about it because it seemd to be a concistent event, but it is interesting to learn that it is a legitimate sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts